Couch to 5K

Getting ready for 1st 10k race...in Paris!

I am about to run my very first race, the Odyssea in Paris and am very excited. I won't be targeting my initial goal of doing it in an hour as I am recovering from an injury, but I am grateful that I am better and able to join in. I will be with 300 of my company colleagues so it should be great fun (have only run with husband up to now!!) I did a medium pace 7k this morning at around 6:16 per km and will now rest till race day on Sunday. I cannot believe that I only started running last year and have got this far, so I hope that encourages those of you reading this who are going through the programme. I never imagined I would be running a 10k race.

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Wow! 300 company colleagues in one race - that must be some company! I work for my husband - yup, just the 2 of us and the cat. :)

:-) I also used to work with my husband (no cat!!) Fun too. I work for Orange in France, the equivalent of BT in France. So yes, there are lots of us

Wow, sounds very exciting!! I am sure on race day you will surprise yourself. Enjoy!

Excellent good luck! that might well be the race i'm aiming to do next yr, around the 4th oct 2015? its a Paris 10k? that will be for my 45th birthday week! My 1st 10k on 4th Oct at weekend in Bournemouth!

Sounds like you have a really good pace going and will do great! :) And doing it with loads of colleagues, what a fab experience, ,make sure you post about it! :)

will do

You may also like...