Parkrun done, looking forward to Week 9!

So yesterday I headed over to Peckham to try my hand at Parkrun.

Had to walk a couple of times for perhaps 5 minutes altogether, so when I got my time through on email later I was shocked to see my first ever 5k took 32 minutes 33 seconds! Wow! I was sure I'd taken 40+ minutes!

Tomorrow is W9R1, getting up to 30 mins continuously. Perhaps in a few weeks I'll be back at Parkrun and not walking for a sub-30 minute PB :)

Have a great week everyone!

10 Replies

• Well done Paul !! That's great time for a first 5K and now you have something to work at. Very best of luck with week 9, you should have the confidence to really nail it now.

• Well done.

Trying to pluck up the energy to get to my first Parkrun. My closest is a 45min drive, and that seems a lot of effort for a Saturday morning

• Oh, that's a long way away ! I have got one 5 mins away, one 15 mins away and two more within half an hour so am spoilt for choice. It's debatable whether its worth driving 45 mins for a 30-40 mins run unless you can combine it with something else nearby. What a shame..

• It's one of the downsides of living in the middle of nowhere - we're a 10 ish minute drive to the nearest shop! The benefits outweigh the negatives though.

Will do a Parkrun one day, just to say I have :)

• You're in a good place to complete week 9 and graduate - good luck.

My nearest parkrun is in Bristol and warns of hills.. so that's put me off a but once I've got my fitness up a bit (had a period of illness but getting back on track :) ) I think I will give it a go.

Hope to see you with your shiny medal this time next week :) xx

• I went to the Ashton Court park run in Bristol last week when I was on holiday, and like you I was worried about the hill but actually it was fine... (and I met the panthering legend JuicyJu !!) Do it ! It's fun !

• Well I will do, thank you!

I wonder how Juicyju got on in the HM - haven't seen a post yet.

• No I've been thinking about her all day...

• WEll done Paul!!!!! You'll soon be a Graduate. Crikey how time flies

Congrats on your time. That's really good. You should be dead proud

All this talk of Bristol reminds me that I am visiting there in a few weeks. I've never been there before and am staying for the weekend. I am supposed to be doing a training run while I am there. If anyone can suggest a route for me I'd be grateful. Also any "must see" places for me to check out while I'm there

Ta x

• Brilliant! Great time too...

You may also like...