Wk 1 Run 2 in Shocking Pink

I did my first run on Friday, after a game of badminton. Not bad for an overweight 66 year old. I loved the run and felt great. Now for the next challenge. Wear the right clothes. Hubby keeps looking at me and laughing. When I said this is what real runner's wear, he said "I don't think you need to worry about getting run over on the treadmill". I asked if he'd like to join me and he said he might get seasick with the wooden floor going up and down. This running lark might be harder than I thought.

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • well done on getting started, the treadmill quip by your hubby made me giggle! you'll be fine keep on going :)

• I always run in shocking pink... outside. But that is to make sure I am not mistaken for an elk, especially now the shooting season has started (I live in Sweden).

And I am 62, so go for it, you'll be glad you did in a few weeks when your fitness will have improved so much.

Good luck with the program and enjoy your running!

• Thanks - I managed my 2nd run without any problem and the girls in the gym loved the new top.

• He he, you sound like many of our old timers on here, you're getting ready to spend lots of dosh on running gear aren't you?

• I wont spend the dosh until I can do the 5K. That will be my treat at the end. I already have a pair of trail running shoes I bought a few years ago but never got started, so they'll do for now.

I'm so full of enthusiasm at the moment, and the weather is so good I really just want to go out and run again, but I wont. There must be a good reason for the rest days.

• Week 1 Run 2,

Just back from my 2nd run after a day off...the days rest helped & after doing a 12 hour shift yesterday I slept like a log...got up this morning, day off from work I would normally sleep until around 11 if I was not due to work in the evening.

But this morning was different although I felt a bit stiff I decided to do run 2 in Regents Park which is a stones throw from my flat...after the first run guess what?...instead of walking for 90 seconds I carried on running!!!! When I got to the 3rd interval I did walk for 90 seconds I felt great!!!.

After run 2 which I will do again on Saturday I brought a bunch of bananas, water & a prawn sandwich...man they tasted good.

I can already feel the benefits of starting this program.... :-) ;-)

• I've been told that running outside is harder than running on a treadmill. I'll do my last week 1 run tomorrow on the treadmill and then try doing Week 2 outside. Like you I was enjoying it so much I didn't stop at the end of the last running interval but kept going for a bit longer. It was only a couple of minutes but it did feel good.

• Love the sound of the shocking pink!

• Yeah, love it ! Pink is the new er .... Pink ! Oh you gotta have the Pink :-)

Good Luck and enjoy the programme. Ive never run on a treadmill , well I have once but it wasn't a serious attempt. I much prefer to run outside , nowt better ! :-) xxx

You may also like...