Couch to 5K
65,158 members98,458 posts

Look what has arrived!

Look what has arrived!

My number for the Wirral 10km has arrived! All beginning to be a lot more real!

My hopes for the race:

First to complete it

Second not be last

Third if I do complete do so in around 1:20 :)

Fourth to run as much as I can but be realistic

Fifth to enjoy it as much as I can :)

Thank you all, I don't think I would have kept up my running without reading your posts. Knowing others have the same bad days, the same fears and the same joys :)

Happy running :)

22 Replies
oldestnewest

Ooh that's exciting! I am sure you will enjoy it. I enjoyed my first one back in June and did it 1:19. just go and have fun and let us all know how you get on x :-)

Thank you, will you be doing another?

I've got a 5k next week- that's for Demelza House a local hospice for children. So I'm really looking forward to that one. Must search out some more though! X :-)

Oh wow, it does feel real now, doesn't it? I can see there's only a month to go, so I bet you're getting excited. Happy running. You can do it, and I look forwrd to read all about how it went.

Thank you :)

How exciting! Good luck and I am sure you will achieve all your goals

Exciting times ahead Net , oh it fair warms yer cockles doesn't it ? Good Luck ! :-) xxx

It sure does, thank you :)

Jumps up and down clapping hands like an over-excited kid on Christmas day! Ha ha hee hee

And I'm not the one doing it! YOUR ARE!!! Awesome

You'll be epic!

Thank you, I know what you mean. I getting excited when reading others reports on races:)

Ooh fab. Where's it run? I can't quite read the map, looks coastal (I grew up on the Wirral). At least it should be pretty flat...

Good luck with it :)

It starts in Birkenhead Park, over the 'four' bridges, along Birkenhead Road towards Seacombe Ferry and then along the promenade to New Brighton finishing on Coastal Road :) we have walked it and seems ok.

Route seems OK. I have walked it loads. I don't live too far away and would have tried that one. Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

How exciting!!! Good luck Net, your c25k team mates are cheering you on to glory :)

Exciting, Net! Just seeing that pic makes me want to sign up for more races! :-) Bet you're well excited now! I love the feeling of rushing to open the race envelope! :D

I have enjoyed reading your races so far this :) I am actually thinking of trying to enter the York 10km after reading your post :) but need to see how this one goes :)

Ooooo! Good luck Net. We'll all be there (virtually of course!) cheering you on :)

Gosh how exciting, as you say it all becomes real once you receive your number and race pack. Well done and good luck for your last 4 weeks of training.

It is exciting more than I thought it would be!

You may also like...