Look what has arrived!

Look what has arrived!

My number for the Wirral 10km has arrived! All beginning to be a lot more real!

My hopes for the race:

First to complete it

Second not be last

Third if I do complete do so in around 1:20 :)

Fourth to run as much as I can but be realistic

Fifth to enjoy it as much as I can :)

Thank you all, I don't think I would have kept up my running without reading your posts. Knowing others have the same bad days, the same fears and the same joys :)

Happy running :)

22 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Ooh that's exciting! I am sure you will enjoy it. I enjoyed my first one back in June and did it 1:19. just go and have fun and let us all know how you get on x :-)

• Thank you, will you be doing another?

• I've got a 5k next week- that's for Demelza House a local hospice for children. So I'm really looking forward to that one. Must search out some more though! X :-)

• Oh wow, it does feel real now, doesn't it? I can see there's only a month to go, so I bet you're getting excited. Happy running. You can do it, and I look forwrd to read all about how it went.

• Thank you :)

• How exciting! Good luck and I am sure you will achieve all your goals

• Exciting times ahead Net , oh it fair warms yer cockles doesn't it ? Good Luck ! :-) xxx

• It sure does, thank you :)

• Jumps up and down clapping hands like an over-excited kid on Christmas day! Ha ha hee hee

And I'm not the one doing it! YOUR ARE!!! Awesome

You'll be epic!

• Thank you, I know what you mean. I getting excited when reading others reports on races:)

• Ooh fab. Where's it run? I can't quite read the map, looks coastal (I grew up on the Wirral). At least it should be pretty flat...

Good luck with it :)

• It starts in Birkenhead Park, over the 'four' bridges, along Birkenhead Road towards Seacombe Ferry and then along the promenade to New Brighton finishing on Coastal Road :) we have walked it and seems ok.

Thank you :)

• Route seems OK. I have walked it loads. I don't live too far away and would have tried that one. Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

• How exciting!!! Good luck Net, your c25k team mates are cheering you on to glory :)

• Exciting, Net! Just seeing that pic makes me want to sign up for more races! :-) Bet you're well excited now! I love the feeling of rushing to open the race envelope! :D

• I have enjoyed reading your races so far this :) I am actually thinking of trying to enter the York 10km after reading your post :) but need to see how this one goes :)

• Ooooo! Good luck Net. We'll all be there (virtually of course!) cheering you on :)

• Gosh how exciting, as you say it all becomes real once you receive your number and race pack. Well done and good luck for your last 4 weeks of training.

• It is exciting more than I thought it would be!

You may also like...