O...M...G.... I cannot believe I actually did it!!!! :-) chuffed is not the word. :-) :-) :-) I set off yesterday with more than a little trepidation, but surprisingly found myself able to complete the run and was not gasping for breath (I felt I could have continued!!!) :-) I have to add I am certainly not sprinting, more of a jog at a steady pace (for me who has NEVER run, this is a great leap). Once I complete the program (and I will!) I will look at the actual distance I am covering and aim to ensure that I actually am doing 5K in 30 minutes and progress from there! onwards and upwards.... #buzzing.com :-)

11 Replies

• Brill, you will find that is a big turning point, just take week 6 steady!

• Well done! Its a great feeling isn't it!

• Yaaaay! Two of you this morning! My turn tomorrow!!! Well done. Fantastic achievement!!! On to week 6!!!!

• :) well done, you are more than halfway now. Just stick with it, you can do it :)

• Great work - slow and steady is the key!

• Yeah - well done !! Your post sounds just like me after the 20mins. You should feel proud and buzzing you've done soooooooooo well :)

• Well done Dee! You don't have to cover 5 k for Graduation purposes so don't worry about that. All you need for Graduation is 30 minutes of running. You can Graduate and then work on building up to 5 k in 30 minutes.

Good luck with the rest of your runs. Enjoy them as this time is not going to come again. Have fun with it and keep smiling

• Yes, don't worry about the 5K until after you have finished W9. Slow and steady is the way to go. Well done and good luck !!

• Well done Dee60. I could not stop smiling all day after completing week 5 run 3. Keep up the good work

• Congrats. Well done.

• Thanks all for your supportive posts, they're a real boost. :-)

You may also like...