W7 R2 yaaay :-)

Today I completed R2 of week 7. How surprised am I? After just a days rest in between, I was doubting I would manage this. I thought I was running slower, but when the Laura called the last minute I was actually about 50 yards or so further up the road than my first run suggesting I was actually a tad faster.

Sat in the chair now, I don't even feel like I have done a run. I guess this means the old bod is getting fitter if I can recover quicker. Amazed to think that there is only 7 runs to go to graduate...! Here's to keeping with the program and I guess like many others reaching this point one wonders what to move onto next? Weighing scales also suggest 1st 4lb lost to date since starting the program... :-)

8 Replies

• Well done. Good to see so many enjoying the programme. I'm just under a week ahead of you (I have Week 8 Run 2 to do tomorrow morn).

Addictive?! Seriously. Might I suggest a book I'm reading ... Born to Run by Christopher McDougall.

Keep on running.

• Take care now, slow and steady.

• Well done deviate66 - you will be graduating in no time!

• You're doing great. Just a couple of weeks to go to graduation. And congratson the weight loss that is fantastic

• Congrats! Good feeling to find you've gone a bit further than last time even if you felt you were having a slow run isn't it?

• There you go - nearly completed week 7 already and definitely coping well. Well done - no need to doubt your ability to keep up with Laura!

Weight loss is impressive in just 7 weeks!

• Wow, well done you. I'm also on WK 7 and just about to do R2 I've been concerned about my speed as all I seem to get are people overtaking me :-/ I'm 50 + and over weight so I guess it will take time, nearly lost 2st though.

• Well sounds like we're almost in the same boat. 49 and yes started off being well overweight too. Yep I also get the stealth like runners slipping past me as well. Just ignore them and keep on going at a pace that suits me. Like most skills in life, we all start from nowhere but with patience, effort and application I am sure we can achieve a lot more than we think. W7 R3 tomorrow for me.. :-)

You may also like...