Discombobulated... duathlon for now!

I am just in the door - still not showered but I have to let everyone know this.!! I still cannot believe it - went for the swim... splashing about breast stroking for I think 30 minutes - I forgot to look at the watch when I got in, and when I remembered it was 10.36 - out at 11.0​5, I could not stay in a second longer, someone in the distant future, when the ice melts at the end of the next glaciation may have found my frozen body - in a swimsuit...​

What happened next is the thing I still cannot believe : I had my running gear in the car, so after "transitioning" off I went for what I intended to be a 10-15 minutes warming brisk walk - but after 6 or 7 minutes I started running... and went on running for 30 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a million Dozzer, ​ never in my wildest dreams had I thought to even try something like that...

Now, I know the purist triathletes will stay well away from me - I am sure I can beat them all in the transition : 15 minutes to get changed. Honestly, what is the fun in doing it as quick as possible? ;)

And now I have to find that bike.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That is some speed for a transition Pigivi. If you need a bike just go and wave an onion and some gooseberries outside a bike owning neighbours house. I believe it's the going rate for a swop in Dozzville ;)

• Oh Pigivi, well done!

Yes, I too have to thank Dozz for getting me back swimming!

Hope you find a bike soon.!

• We'll have to get him on a poster for GP surgeries to say no to!

He got me back on my bike.

• Well done. I think my transition took at least 2 hours! Final running part tomorrow for me.

• Cor blimey. Well done you. That's some going. I would have to eat something after the swim otherwise I'd keel over. Only the cycling left.

• The most amazing is that I did all that after my first fast day on the 5:2 diet... having had just a few oatcakes for breakfast!

Irishprincess, are you in Ireland?

• No I'm not. I was born and brought up in Ireland but now live in England.

• Oh well done pigivi. That's some transition time! :)

• Thanks everybody!

You may also like...