Week 7 Complete!

I completed Run 3 today around Clapham Common. Wow that was hard! I changed my route and ran mainly along shady paths, but it still took some serious effort. The head gremlins were out in full force trying to get me to stop - it's too hot, my mouth is too dry, I've got a stitch, I can always come back another day etc. It didn't help that every man and his dog was lounging on the grass eating ice cream as I slogged past, red-faced and sweaty. But it was done, and at the same pace as my more comfortable Run 2, surprisingly.

To keep my spirits up and kick Week 8 off on the right note, my next run will be in the late evening when it's nice and cool! And maybe I'll treat myself to an ice cream afterwards :-)

5 Replies

• But you did, and its under your belt, well done you, now on to the next bit, with an ice cream of course at the end

• Good job! I agree on the ice cream celebration!!

• Well done. It sounded like a tough one but you did it. I think an ice cream sounds like a great idea :)

• Congratulations! I completed week 7 today also at my local park run. Was so warm - I so appreciate shad cast by trees! Here is looking forward to week 8 :-) Happy Running!

• Thanks guys. I've taken a few extra days rest before starting Week 8 as for some reason I am taking longer to recover after this run. However, you may be like to hear that as part of my preparation I ate a cinnamon and coffee gelato last night! Yummo :)

You may also like...