Imb feeling bunged ub!!

Just brilliant - Friday night I thought hmmm bit of a tickly throat perhaps I'm getting cold - now it is well and truely out in the open - bunged up nose and that horrid achy feeling. I was in two minds yesterday, whether I was going to run today or not, but this morning I popped a couple of paracetamol and by 8am I was out doing Week7 run 1. I was surprised that I managed ok, hit a bit of a wall at about 15 mins but I managed to finish and unbung my nose at the same time. I had read on this forum that it is ok to run if the cold in just a head cold, and I do feel better for it. I am now trying to find alternative routes as I am running longer, I think I will have to start driving to more interesting places to run as I am getting a bit fed up with the same old route, although I try to alternate the start and finish so it is a bit different. Looking forward to being cold free by run 2.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done Lottidog , youre flying now ! :-) I have the same problem with my routes, tend to stick to the same one, the other week I did try a new one but didn't plan it very well and I ended up having a 15 minute walk home...

Hope you feel better soon :-) xxx

• Well done - and with a cold too! The next one will feel easy by comparison.

• Bad luck - a cold is just what you don't want! Hope it clears quickly and doesn't interfere with your running.

You may also like...