Week 6 Run 2- back in business!

Oh I've missed my running! Tonight's run was brilliant- definitely picked up the pace from my previous sessions and I was flying along- both 10 min intervals flew past in the blink of an eye and I was quite sad to have to slow down and walk home- roll on Friday and W6R3!! I'm also taking part in my first 5K charity run on Sunday- running for Bipolar UK in the Superheros run in Regents Park, should be great! I'm covering fairly close to 5K now that I'm into the longer runs, as I run/walk reasonably fast, so hopefully I'll do alright on the day, even if I walk for a bit in the middle!

4 Replies

• How was your W6R1? After bossing week 5, today I felt so lumpy and so slow. Disappointing after such a good week last week!

• It wasn't too bad, I had a very busy schedule last week so didn't get a chance to write it up, but I understand why people say that Week 6 is a surprisingly difficult one to get started! I think it's interesting- you feel such a buzz after doing the 20 mins run at the end of W5, it's like your brain doesn't really pay full attention to what you are doing!

• Great to have a good run Deb. Betty a lot of people find week 6 run 1 a shock to the system & struggle presumably because week 5 goes well for them. I wouldn't worry too much about week 6. Count the lumpy run as a one off. Take week6 slowly & since you have finished week 5 keep telling yourself "I'm ready for this physically". Oh & don't forget to feel good about yourself for coming so far.

• Well done on finishing the second run of the 'demon' week 6. Sounds like it went really well for you but I think you were wise not to try to push things further at this stage. Good luck with Run 3 - enjoy it because when you get to the warm down walk Laura tells you that you are officially a runner - plus it's great to get the week out of the way. With best wishes.

You may also like...