I woke up with a twinkle in my eye knowing I was going to be running today, an early brekky and the usual dashing round the house locating my various bits of running requirements ( there is actually alot...I need to laminate a list!!)...anyway...my husband dropped me off at the edge of the Downs and off I went...
I decided to have the first 5 mins of speed to set my pace which was really helpful, then over to my usual ministry of sound stuff that I like!!...here are the more significant markers of my run as a Juicyju list ( of course!!)
* first 2k felt hard and all I could think about was how much further I had to go...
* 5k I went over the suspension bridge which I love and had my first two randoms...31 minutes in, average pace 6.20 secs.
* 8k I felt quite tired, ran out of water and my groin was a bit niggly. However I knew at around 12k my lad was being delivered to me to run the last 10k home so that kept me going..
* At 13k there was leon, my best boy running towards me with a giant bottle of Evian....bliss. Getting quite tired now
* Rest walk at 15k and drank the rest of my energy drink and more randoms. It felt like my body had run out of energy, but after that it didn't feel enough....
* At 18k I had a semi meltdown...I just felt soooooo tired and my legs didn't want to go, then Leon said, 'come on mummy, you can do it' and I thought,'I'm a panther...panthers don't give up' then,'Push that body, punish that body' over and over and out loud too....come on Ju come on...few tears too...
* finally got to HM length and I could do no more....and I was home...phewwww
* cold bath aka Davina, which really helped, although my screams must have gone right up the road etc!!!
Then we've just been to the school fair, and Leon won a man sized snake as he guessed his name.....'Alfonso'!!!!
I really need to get my fuel right, and the walk breaks do really help, but considering I want to be an Ultrarunner I have such a long way to go, but I am going to enjoy the journey, particularly with all of you wonderful people behind me...
I wanted you to all see my lad, and he won't allow me to take pics of him running...this is us a few weeks back up north at my dads after a Turkish meal....
21.08k in 2 hours 15 minutes
1.5 litres of water
1 energy drink
1 bag of randoms
1 gorgeous son to keep me going
Happy panthering to you all