STIFFNESS GO AWAY!: I only had 8 days rest from... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
86,062 members117,792 posts

STIFFNESS GO AWAY!

I only had 8 days rest from running, now today I'm as stiff as a board! I'd have thought my fitness levels would have been good enough to avoid this kind of ghastliness. Do I just wait? Or rub a poultice on affected limbs?

Ouch!

15 Replies
oldestnewest

Brisk walk starting slowly and building up speed then loads of stretching. It will settle just keep moving as much as you can. :)

2 likes

Aww thanks oldgirl. I'm doing another run tomorrow so will walk loooads beforehand!

Stiffness is OK pain is not good. An extra long warm up walk should do the trick, listen to your body Dan my man :)

2 likes

In my experience, men suffer more from stiffness than women.. However a good hard rub from someone experienced will definitely ease the pain.. I hope it 'settles' soon... Take care and happy panthering :)

3 likes

Panther girl you are awful but Dan will love your idea :) :)

1 like

Oldgirl! SHe is awful....and you;'re right about me! Hahaha

GOOD GRIEF! That's a brilliant idea...... but I think you may have grasped the wrong end of the stick (so to speak!)

A very cold shower should do the trick......

Hahahahaha, hohohohohoh, I just loved that hehehehehe :)

Well this has cheered me up no end :)

Hope the stiffness has gone now... however you treated it!

Yes thank God. And THANK GOD for Juicyju. She has such an insight into how to cure certain ailments. Do you find that? A damned good rub and all was well! She should take up giving advice professionally........

thankyou...I bet that was a relief :)

Your hot tub should do the trick Danzargo. Or your could try a sauna and if possible do some stretches in there. That's if there's no one in there...

I think Mrs Dan has solved his problem/s ;)

my wife has aching limbs short term memory loss dizzness lack of energy

You may also like...