Week off? Not doing that again!

Ok, so I have had a week off of running, just after graduating due to personal circumstances.

I went for a run on thursday evening trying to de stress, as a week without a run was proving to be a challenge in itself.

Immediately, I suffered with both Achilles- feeling like steel cables rather than any part of me. I had to stop 10 minutes in and walk for a couple of minutes before continuing on at a reduced pace. Ok I thought, week off never mind.....it will sort itself out.

So I went again tonight- Saturday.....good grief! I couldn't breathe, I had the same pain problems infact i had to stop twice this time.

Ok.....anybody had similar after a short lay off of running? Any advice from you folks?

BTW, I usually do a brisk walk for 5m then start to run. I do stretch after running for a few minutes before I stop altogether.This is usally not an issue

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • My achilles have always been a problem to me.

I tend to put an ice pack on them the night before I run and gently stretch them prior to the warm up. Seems to work for the most part

• Thx runner 56, I know I probably should do more stretches, just being lazy and cutting corners.:-)

You may also like...