W4R3 with some protein bonus

Did the run this morning and can honestly say that I enjoyed it as did the dog.

Only issue was I am a mouth breather and managed to take in some bonus flies while running.

Now, I don't want to wear a scarf and am too long in the tooth to change my breathing ways but can anyone suggest a method to avoid taking on those little extras while out running?

13 Replies

• Well done on completing week 4. Can't help with the extra protein you're taking on - I have the same problem at times and really have no idea how to deal with it. Good luck with week 5 and best wishes.

• Thanks fitmo. Unfortunately I mistyped. Its run 3 tomorrow. Week 5 will have to wait

• No matter. It will come round soon enough.

• Same with me - there seem to be a lot of flies around at the moment! I don't know what to do except spit a lot... not very useful advice really!

• Mild winters eh? Might be a beastie swallowing summer ;-)

• Midges are ok, but I swallowed a moth tohe other day! Eww!

• Now thats just greedy!! :-)

• What are we like! Fly swallower here too. It really makes me gag.

• Yeah. Not fun. I seem to time my run through a swarm at the breathing in point

• I run with my lips apart but teeth together - that seems to keep the little blighters out!

• Might see how that goes tomorrow. I might look the running joker.

• In some camping shops you can buy nets that go over a hat that keep the flies off your face and out of your mouth.....they are very popular here in Australia (not the flies, but the nets!!) where at certain times of the year the flies are just unbearable. I run with my dog also, I clip her lead on to my bum bag......not always sure it is the most comfortable way to secure her to me but I'm not sure what else to do. Good luck with the net hunting!

• I tend to let the dog do his own thing a carry a short leash to attach if and when he required.

Effortless running for him, a struggle for me. He seems to enjoy it though

You may also like...