My First Race!

I just finished my first 5k race at the Olympic Park for Sports Relief - and it feels goooood. My legs were like lead at the end but I did put on a bit of a speed up in the last 100m or so. Also, was not looking forward to all the people, but it was actually great to be cheered on by the crowds...

Now, a 10k? I can't imagine being able to run for another 30 minutes, but know some of you out there can do it so easy. Maybe.....:)

Last edited by

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I was at the Olympic site today too, although only slowly running the mile. The atmosphere was great, wasn't it.

• Yes, I loved it! All that razzmatazz!

• Well done and congratulations. What a wonderful bonus to finish the run at an Olympic site. Enjoy. Best wishes.

• I'm doing my first run, hospice 10k 6th April, very nervous about the start but just want to enjoy and finish!:-)

• Well done if your thinking of a 10k your ready just take it easy pace yourself enjoy, crowds give you a lift .

• Hi! I was at the Olympic Park yesterday doing the 6 mile run; I ran there last summer in the anniversary run, doing 5 miles in 62 minutes; yesterday 8 months on I did a mile more in 65 minutes, very happy with that as I ran naked (no podcasts/radio or music, except for what was supplied) as I thought it said no headphones to be worn, but kept a nice steady pace!

The atmosphere was great, I should have worn my c25k t shirt but went for the 5x50 one instead! I enjoyed clapping the finishers as I waited for my daughter and 4 year old gradnson to finish their mile (they started an hour after me!) :-)

Build your distances steadily & slowly and you will certainly manage 10k; and there will probably be less dodging through the crowds of buggies/dog walkers/fun runners/three legged racers which will make things a bit easier! :-)

You may also like...