repeating week2

so technically this is week2 of the plan but run 4 (not quite confident to move to week 3 yet) I must say my form is getting better. my shins dont hurt as much as they did. my leggy-pegs must be getting used to it. im covering the same distance as previous run but on the very very last run bit tonight the dreaded stitch attacked mid run . I had to stop and just do a quick walk. my breathing is still horrendous. ....when will that get better? im just glad of the walking bits to catch my breath. :-(

5 Replies

• When will your breathing get better? Well the honest answer is, the fitter you get, the harder you push, so not for a long time ;-)

• bugger! when im running it sometimes feels like my legs will just keep going when laura says walk but the shortness of breath makes me stop when I should. :-(

• I repeated the first week for confidence, my advice re breathing...slow right down and keep calm then you will have time to enjoy it. I graduated 2 months ago, its taking me 45 mins to run 5k but i can do it and it feels great, just take it steady and you'll be fine. Good luck wih week 3, you can do it!

• Sorry to hear you were thwarted by a stitch - it can be painful. As to breathing, I still can't get the hang of it. Just out of interest, although I was adamant I would repeat Week 2, as soon as I got out this morning I thought I might just as well give W3R1 a try as I'd got through week 2 okay last week. Oh, how I wish I'd stuck to my original plan and repeated week 2, I'm in agony this evening, stiff muscles and a painful left thigh. If I'm fit to run at all on Wednesday (my next due run) I will definitely be going back to week 2. You had the right idea all along and I should have known better when I already am aware that I need to repeat each week before moving on. Oooowwwww!

• It is hard when you are first starting out & it continues to be hard as you progress but you'll soon be able to see the improvement & then you won't mind it being hard.

You may also like...