Funny sort of run today

I got the news this week that my ferritin has come up a little so I went out today being able to up the interval times. Things are so busy at the moment I decided to run near home, usually I go down to the park and have a long walk home through the woods. I haven't run near home since the wk5 run 3, fail ages ago.

My brain still seems to remember, even before I set off it was saying you can't do this. Any way I pushed forward and did two intervals one of 10 min and one of 8 min. My legs were feeling really strange as I was running in a treadmill on Monday. I did a full 20 min on the treadmill. Does anyone know if that uses slightly different muscles? They eased up a bit and I stretched them afterwards.

Also my music packed up so for the the first time I was running naked. I am undecided about it. But I have a feeling running without music makes you run a bit more steady. I think I will have to go out for a purposeful naked run.

All in all I have come home with the feeling I have learnt something about running me.

1. My brain is not always right

2. I should try naked runs more often

3. I think I need to get tougher with myself. Now I can push

Myself, I must.

5 Replies

• That's great - I know what you mean about the brain remembering the place of a 'fail' - sometimes it can set up quite a psychological barrier and so it's a great achievement to break through that. Let us know how you get on with the naked running! I always run naked, and yes it's easy to keep steady, but I sometimes wonder whether music might speed me up a bit.

• I am going to try running naked again. I have always exercised to music I find it part of the stress relief so it will feel very strange, I am going to do that run all over Xmas to time conserve so hopefully will have retrained my brain. Thanks for the support.

• So glad you are feeling better and that you were out there running. I am going to have a go today as I feel so much better. Pushing a bit is fine but be kind to yourself too!

I always run naked now, much prefer it.

• I know I have a tendency to run before I can walk. (That has new meaning now). I promise to take it easy if you will. Thanks for the encouragement.

• You are welcome, I am off out shortly and do plan to go easy as it's my first run for what seems like a long 8 days.

You may also like...