Now I understand technical clothing

I bought technical tops and capris really early on, and at every excuse have been adding to my running wardrobe. I did a Santa run yesterday and nearly flaked out in the suit! The heat generated was extraordinary! I usually get round 5k with no stopping but not in a Santa suit! Saying that I did also get a 5k PB (by a few seconds!)

6 Replies

• Well done on your Santa run and pb. I can imagine that they are not the best to run in but it looks so much fun. I am not up to 5km yet but I think I would like to do it next year. I know what you mean about adding in to your running gear. I am still trying to get my winter stuff sorted. Luckily you can go back to the good stuff now. Happy running.

• Well done on the Santa run! I completed one yesterday too (and similarly posted a pb) but OMG did I get hot in the suit and just having the beard swinging round my neck was such a frustration too I kept getting mouthfuls of it! Having said that the only contribution i have made to a running wardrobe was to buy a hi-vis jacket. I just run in track suit bottoms and a t-shirt and do not encounter any problems. I think it is more what you get used to, as long as your feet and ankles are properly supported.

• Love watching the santa runs!! Well done Cloudchaser and Lazydaysinmay for doing it, think I should sign up for one next year but will bear in mind the beard hazard ;)

• The beard is a fibre hazard! Eyes and mouth full of annoying fibres! The once banished to the neckline, it's a strangle hazard! But all in good fun! I loved being part of it, but next year, I will pin my number on my shirt as then I can flap the coat (that might increase my speed too)

• Gutted I'm nor fit enough this year I'm re doing the programme after I had a baby and currently only up to week 6. Good on you for doing it, your post made me smile :)

Does everyone dress up at parkrun Xmas week?

• On 21 we are having a fancy dress Parkrun, I'm wearing a grass skirt and flowers Hawaiian style! (Over my running gear) I don't expect to be as hot!

You may also like...