first post-grad run

I was pretty nervous about this. I wasn't sure how i would do without the structure and goals of the podcasts.

So i have decided new goal is to actually run the 5k in 30 mins. I did 5.07 in 32:43 for my grad run so i think this should be a good goal that i'll manage in the next few weeks.

today i decided to run for 30mins and not worry about the distance. I had treated myself to some tights and running tops and set off on a new-ish version of my regular route. I retired laura and listened to some music podcasts i had downloaded over the weekend.

And it went well, i felt really comfortable and relaxed (as much as possible) and did a 4.5k in the 30 mins which is about right for me. I didn't break any records or push myself too much but I did an acceptable run, which i actually enjoyed without the structure of the programme.

3 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Sounds great well done ReyC, I am a little nervous for my first post-grad run tomorrow and wondering how I will manage without Laura! 4.5k in 30 mins is really good. Well done you! xx

• Thanks! And good luck for you tomorrow - i think the key thing for me was having music that i really enjoyed, the time went really fast!

Let us know how you get on!

• Oh, the freedom! Brilliant, well done!

You may also like...