Week 1 Run 2 so much easier than Run 1 - what a relief!!

I'm just back from my second run. I wasn't really looking forward to it as I found Run 1 quite tough.

However, I was pleasantly surprised. I completed each run section feeling I still had fuel in the tank and I wasn't really aware of my breathing, which I had struggled with on Friday.

Having read the website and forum quite a bit in the meantime, I did go out with the following in mind:

1) Slow it down

2) Don't worry about breathing

3) Look straight ahead of you, about 30 to 40 metres out in front, and avoid looking down at your feet

I also ran on a tarmac path today rather than the grass from Friday, which I think helped (though will my joints disagree with me tomorrow?).

Anyway, I hope this may inspire anyone else who found run 1 tough to get back out there.

Have fun and good luck!

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It is lovely when you ca enjoy it and it feels comfortable - it sets you nicely for the next run, so you can run with confidence.

Happy running

• Thank you!

• Glad to read this as I have just finished Run 1 Week 1 and found it quite hard. As I did a 10K for charity in May (a third run two third walking) and am fairly active that surprised me. You've inspired me. I am now looking forward to Run 2 Week 1 on Tuesday! Thankyou :-)

• Hope Tuesday goes well for you - let me know how you find it. Good luck!

• Well done Hennith - I was in a similar position to you but it does genuinely get easier - the podcasts help to build your stamina and you will get there, I promise!

• That's good to know Mummystar, thank you!

• Well done Hennith. It's good to read how your second run has gone as I'm likely to do mine tomorrow morning and found the first one pretty difficult. I'm hoping its as straightforward as yours seems to have been. Fingers crossed. :-)

• Fingers crossed indeed. Let me know how you get on!

• Thanks for your 3 point list of things to remember. I did my second run this morning and used them as a mantra.

• Well done. How did you find the run?

• Really enjoyed it again. Its such a fantastic sense of achievement. How did your third run go?

You may also like...