A Lazy Lie In & Spiffing Lunch VERSUS a run

I have had to resort to my "inner slob" today. I HAD planned my third run of the week this morning but seeing as I am starting a new job tomorrow and for 5 weeks I'll be doing 11 day fortnights (one 6 day week / one 5 day week) the temptation to continue resting in my pit proved too strong. PLUS when I got up for my lazy jacuzzi sesh, I had a repeat of a groin twinge that laid me up for a week last time.

"Right! That's it! Today is an official running rest day!" I told myself.

So just to slather on the "inner slob" mentality, I've booked a restaurant for Sunday lunch for myself and Mrs Dan. She needed spoiling after all. So that's alright then......

Back out tomorrow. Early. I promise.

Dan.

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sounds fabulous and I do not at all blame you. You must listen to that groin of yours !!! Enjoy!

• FB I can hear my groin singing as I write and it's saying "go easy bruv!"

• definately a much better idea, and a good idea to have a rest day before a new job and all that goes with that...you need to be careful what you do in that jacuzzi! Hope you and Mrs Dan have a fab meal out....

• Thanks JuJu! Lunch was splendiferous albeit alarmingly pricey!

• Pleased to hear you are taking good care of your groin and your girl Dan :)

• The girl ALWAYS wins the day I find O.G.

• SLACKER!!!! No, honestly, Dan, my Parkrun exploits yesterday have left me with lots of little niggles that need a few days rest to sort out. Whch 5k2SLOB training plan do you use?

• I use the "Ignore the Alarm and get a bottle of wine open Fast" method. Today, this worked a TREAT! HA!

• I'm glad it worked. Good luck with the new job, Dan.

• Sometimes it is best to listen to your body. And Sunday lunch out with your wife sounds like an excellent idea. I hope you really enjoyed it it and it makes your next run feel even sweeter.

• Thanks RFC. What IS it about succulent roast beef, about 11 different types of vegetables and a bottle of plonk that really hits the spot on a sunday. Followed by an afternoon snooze of course.....

You may also like...