Paracetmol, ibuprofen, banana and orange juice - good to go! 1st B210k run

So reading posts yesterday I was mightily impressed with the hangover runners and feeling that I was being feeble - decided that despite my massive investment in alcohol last night - I would start that B210k programme this morning.

Clearly going back to intervals should be easy - 4 x10 min runs a cinch. First two were fine - legs started to protest a bit on the third run- slowed down. But I was running in a very grumpy mood - not like me- I am a cheery runner - but worked out it was the banging american rock music that sounds like you are a fair ground that was spoiling my karma. Switched it off and went 'naked'- bliss and peace - but alas my legs were definitely complaining. The last 10 mins were like interval training - but still made myself run the 10 mins. Six k completed and 500 calories used up - brill. I ignored the man in the bright yellow vest 15 years my senior - lapping me three times - I hid when I saw him coming around a fourth time.

The best bit of this morning apart from going - was my fab new running trainers - two months ago I bought some very swanky- all form and no function Adidas trainers- they have been awful. A podiatrist did fancy things to them with pads and alterations - but advised Brooks. Yesterday I bit the bullet and bought some Brooks adrenaline's - they were great- didn't think how uncomfortable my feet were once.

So all in all a good days run - I have worked out a new longer running route and I going to try the pyramid running intervals Tues. I will complete B@10k first week fri and sun

Happy running everyone.

9 Replies

• Well done... I love the fact that you hid from neon man!!! I invested in brooks after having really bad knees and I have to say they are worth every penny... I got them for my son too as I am concerned he's still growing etc...good luck on the 10k training!!

• Thanks JJ - I did actually bump into him again around the corner doing his post run stretches - I walked on the other side of the road head down- he did give me cheery smiles though every time he went past me. The shoes I love-and already feel they are worth every penny.

Have just packed hubby out the door to go fishing (each to their own!)- and have fortifying G and T in my hand - lovely:-)

• You sound like you are at the same stage as me. Post C25K, and moving on. Are there any podcasts or similar for 'Bridge to 10k'?

• Now do not for one second think I know what I am talking about - but here goes.... I want to build up to a 10k (new goal and structure and all that )- and I have different strategies - one is just to extend my running by 10% each week- that worked quite well running to my own running music. But holidays and enjoying life interfered - so I have slipped back a bit and wanted something more structured. The Samantha Murphy B210k programme will suit me - similar to c25k - but not quite as supportive as Laura. (I will have a hunt for the download link in a moment). Basically 6 weeks of capacity building to final hour or so of running - but whether I will be running 10k is another matter - I suspect it will take me longer. You can look up online the basic programme and just time yourself with your own music. I will doing this as I was not a fan of samantha's music - but others have found it fab.

On the interval training front got bored with speed podcast so I have downloaded audio fuels pyramid programme - yet to try it.

Happy running :-)

• I was thinking along the same lines, progressively extending runs whilst weaving in some stamina training. I am quite happy running 5K, but I am 'self-competitive' (if that makes sense), so I know I can go quicker, and further, so I will.

Thanks for the tips. I'll take a look at the Audio Fuel stuff.

• The B210k link is in questions about a month ago - posted by honours mum - link in replies. i am like you self competitive and need something to aim for.

• Enjoy your new training plan and enjoy your brooks (I like mine)

• Thank you- I is loving my brooks-we can swop marathon training plans nearer the time - I expect your's will be more challenging than mine!!

• SuzyB that's a great story. I will be interested to hear how your B210K works out. Oh! I always find a G&T fortifying too!!!

You may also like...