After I had so many problems with W7R1 I decided to try my own soundtrack. So far I didn't mind the music of the podcasts, I actually do like a few of the songs (don't judge me).
Thanks to Jog.fm which got recommended on here I found a few songs that fit my best pace from my last run which was 6:25. I added a few which sounded about right.
In case you're curious, here's my list:
1. The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony (It's nearly 6min, I start running at the 5min mark)
2. U2 - Beautiful Day (nice song to start out with)
3. Steppenwolf - Born to be wild (nice beat to really get into the run)
4. Robert Palmer - Addicted to love (as above, a nice steady beat)
5. Demi Lovato - Skyscraper (this song is the half way marker and as it feels like the rest of the run is looming high above me I find this quite fitting)
6. Florence & The Machine - No Light No Light (a bit depressing, but it reminds me that the though bit is over once the song is finished)
7. Florence & The Machine - Dog Days Are Over (a really nice song to finish to especially with the chorus bit that tells me to run)
That's exactly 30min and then The Verve starts up again for the cool down walk.
My distance this time was 4,38km (so only 20min more than my terrible run) and my average pace was down to around 7min/km on the bits without walking. The good thing though, I held it through-out the run and I felt splendid afterwards. It was around 3-4 degrees hotter this time around, so that might factor in as well.
So only one more run left in Week 7. I still can't believe I made it this far and that I'm actually able to run for 25min. It seems like yesterday when I could barely manage 1min...