I haven't really blogged for a long time now, though I have been busy doing my regular runs. I realized that using a GPS software with my Android phone will be a good idea. I started out with the Nike+, but I switched to Runkeeper when I had some problems with Nike+. I am now happy with Runkeeper and will probably continue to use it.
Some milestones I managed during the 50 days.
1. I ran close to 100 kms in the 50 day period!
2. Managed my first 5 kms - in fact, I have been running 5kms or more for every run since. I managed a maximum of 5.9 kms so far.
3. Ran the fastest 5kms at 34 mins. No, not yet a 30 min 5k
I need to improve upon the following:
1. The longest I have run so far is only 5.9 kms. I seem to struggle after 5 kms with my breathing. I tried slowing down significantly to try and cover longer distances, but I still seem to struggle with my breathing.
2. Not yet managed a 30 min 5k, but I am willing to wait on this one. My first focus will be to increase my endurance for longer runs.
3. My enthusiasm level is going down in the past few runs.
To continue to stay motivated to run, I am planning the following:
1. Change my running route. I have been running the same route all this time. It also happens to be slightly hilly. So I am thinking of changing it to some place which is less hilly, though I may have to drive down to the place.
2. Start the 10k training plan from Runkeeper (Jeff Gaudette)
I need some good suggestions on improving my breathing and endurance. I don't see myself running 10k in the next 2-3 months if I don't improve this. Thanks for your support!