Got my first nod from a REAL runner!

I ran my week 7.2 this morning and managed a respectable 5K in 32'26 (according to Endomondo) so was very pleased with that. My usual last 5 min HELL didn't seem as bad as before and I managed to keep a fairly steady pace all the way through. It was tough, but I managed it.

The best bit was though, when I was crossing a quiet road and along came this athletic looking chap, running in all the right gear and those space alien type dark glasses on and he raised a respectful forefinger and nod in my direction as though to say "Respect Dude!". I felt pretty good about that and it made me feel more like a proper runner.

The feeling of elation after every run I do is amazing. It has become my treat so that whenever I'm feeling "I'm never gonna do this" I try and look forward to that moment when Laura says "slow down, you've done it!" and that keep me going, because I know when the run is over, I'm gonna feel grrrrrrrrrreat!!

Happy running peeps!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Oooh its so good when you get a runner nod (or point). I had that a couple of weeks ago when I got a 'morning' and nod from 2 different runners. Its like being accepted:) Well done on your time:)

• Cheers Joanne (who's 37). I guess we're "in the club' now eh?!!

• I still feel like a bit of a fraudster so dont think I can count myself in the club just yet:)

• I think 5K by week 7 in such a respectable time qualifies you as a 'real runner' anyway :-)

• I nod or a smile from a fellow runner is always nice!

You may also like...