Week 9 runs 2 and 3

I havn't given up! It's just that our holidays have begun! I ran Wednesday morning for 33 minutes but then having rushed through a shower and breakfast we set off without touching a computer!

Last night here in Cornwall near St Cleer I ran my longest ever run! The Siblyback reservoir circuit is supposed to be 3.2 miles. I knew I'd have to walk a lot of it but wanted to give it a try. Counting the five minute walk I ran for 45 minutes and covered 4.26km. I can hardly believe it! NP who of course way way ahead of me clapped me in! I ran all but the last 150 yards :-) The conditions were the worst Ive had to face so far. A strong wind which kept changing direction and a gritty and stony surface. Lovely scenery though. I could only do the 150 yard walk to the car as I then hadnt the energy to do anything other than flop onto my seat and drink a bottle of water. SO proud though :-)

So still hoping to manage 5km for final run W9 R3 which will probably be on the towpath at Cambridge with runner son encouraging me. I rreally am hooked on this running lark! (NP is too).

4 Replies

• This sounds like a lovely run, apart from the wind! Lovely part of the country to be running in, and your wk9 run3 will be awesome too! Good luck ! :-)

• Well done, very impressive result. Just think, 9 weeks ago those 1 minute runs seemed awesome... now look at you!

Happy holidays. :-)

Looking forward to your grad blog.

• well done you - we are nearly neck and neck. i was supposed to complete last tues- but life and work got in the way.

Now in London doing big tourist thing with kids - bought all my running stuff with high hopes of graduating in hyde park. No chance - we have walked miles and been on our feet all days and evenings. The trainers were used for comfy walking around museums. Tomorrow - lie in and boris bikes - so for me if i can manage it possible graduation tues.

Meantime vv impressed with your running - cornwall a lovely and fav part of the world. look fwd to seeing your next post.x

• Brilliant, well done! I'll be looking out for your graduation post, not least as my next run will be my final C25K run too, so I guess that we have been doing the programme at about the same time. Cornwall sounds lovely, if a bit brutal. Best of luck for the grad run.

You may also like...