week 4 run 1

i was really dreading this, but i got my trainers on this morning and went out in the freezing cold to give it a go. the first 3 minute run was hard, middle 2 were ok, the last 5 minutes was hell on earth! my head was telling me to stop, but i kept arguing with myself to keep going - how am i going to progress if i don't push myself! etc... i did it... i actually won the battle with those horrible demons telling me to stop. it was hard, im not going to lie, but i did it! bring on run 2 :)

4 Replies

• Really well done - I too have to force myself to keep going. I am now quite addicted to the feeling of doggedly finishing and feeling elated because of the achievement. Despite the jeering demons at the back of my mind saying - you can't do it!

So well done you - to keep pushing on. You will need that mental stamina to keep going through the programme-, but I am now in a good rhythm of three runs a week - and I am making progress - does it get any easier - No. But the satisfaction of running for longer and further is immense.

Keep at it!

• thank you :)

• The more you squash those demons, the more squashable they get, because you know you've done it before. Go you! :)

• thank you :)

You may also like...