Thank-You Greenlegs and Mitts - W9R2 done - W9R3 here I come!

Back in February I managed to get a knee injury and planned to try to run through it - Thanks to the advice from Greenlegs and Mitts, I stopped trying to force runs and waited, rather impatiently, for the knee to feel better. I then started from week 1 again and flew through - I can't believe I'm actually running for 30 minutes at a time now. Have had a few wobbles - got some running gear but felt like a fraud and didn't pluck up the courage to wear it in public for weeks - Finally, with some encouragement from friends, I started wearing the correct outfit in public. I now even run past the meeting room windows at work to go for my lunchtime run. When I started this programme I didn't plan on ever leaving the safety of the gym! When it rained yesterday I went back to the treadmill and really struggled - With the gym clock in front of me and the treadmill clock just below, every minute lasted a lifetime - I'm definitely an outdoor runner now.

The reason I started running is because I’m still carrying a bit of extra timber following the birth of my son 2 years ago. My brother is getting married in a vineyard in Italy in September and has asked me to be his “Best Man” (yes I am female!). This will involve a very pretty dress and a speech in front of my nearest and dearest so I thought it was about time I got myself into shape - So far I've managed to say goodbye to 1.5 stone so definitely getting there...

This programme is fantastic but the forum compliments it perfectly - I have taken so many tips from here on my journey. You all really brighten my "off" days and give me an even bigger boost on my good days.

A massive THANK-YOU to you all. I look forward to continuing on this forum with a new badge on my profile from next week. Apologies for the long post - just wanted to show my appreciation!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • well done on making it this far - it must be an amazing feeling to know that you have just 1 run left until graduation.

I know what you mean about when there is a clock infront of you the time seems to go so slow so I now dont bother looking at the time & just trust that Laura will tell me when to stop!

You may also like...