Sub 30 mins at last!!!!

Sub 30 mins at last!!!!

I managed to break the 30 minute barrier after 4 months of trying. My running has been going well including 2 10km races where I certainly did not trouble the winners but I have been unable to break the 30 minute barrier - the best being an agonisingly close 30:03 a few weeks ago. That time I ran through a real stitch and finished in almost agony.

This time, I had a great start and just managed to get there with a sprint finish. 29:54 - it is only just but it is there. My pal has been telling I was running within myself and I was determined to get there in May. I am surprised it was this quick especially as i ran 5km on Tuesday, 18 holes of golf on Thursday, 5km on a very hilly route on Friday and 21km on my mountain bike last night. So fairly tired - oh and my 4 year old voting bed and switched the tv on at 5:20am today. Plus I am still getting over Leicester beating Forest yesterday. It just goes to prove we can all do it. I am 42 and still a bit over weight but not for much longer. This has really rejuvenated me and my motivation!!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congratulations and it is very encouraging to me to have read your blog. Hope to join you sub 30 minutes soon!

• Cheers, hope you get ur better legs soon!!

• Well done! Sub 30 seems a long way off for me, but I'm very happy to cheer others on! :)

• Thank you. It's just about hitting your own goals and this has always been mine. Anyone who can run 5km should be proud whatever their time. I bet over 90% of the country can't!!

You may also like...