Cordyceps Mushroom for COPD

Doing a lot of research on alternative treatments for COPD. I actually only realized I had it recently and that it was caused by inhaling tons of secondhand smoke in my life (I posted about that). Anyway, one of the posts at the Earth Clinic page on COPD, said this stuff did it for her. I think I want to try this, and cannabis oil, among other things.

A pertinent excerpt:

riseearth.com/2015/11/this-...

Lung Strengthener

Cordyceps is considered a major lung tonic in Chinese herbalism.

Cordyceps relaxes and opens the airways. This explains why it has been used traditionally to treat respiratory diseases such as: pneumonia, chronic bronchitis, pulmonary emphysema, and tuberculosis.

Cordyceps is recognized in Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) as an anti-asthmatic, an expectorant and as a cough suppressant.

L. Ganxhon in his book “. The essentials of traditional Chinese herbal medicine” discusses Cordyceps extract ability to alleviate the symptoms of various respiratory illnesses including chronic bronchitis, asthma, pneumonia, and phlegm. This is mainly due to the anti-inflammatory properties of Cordyceps and its tendency to relax the bronchial walls and promote enhanced oxygen utilisation efficacy. (Ganxhon, L et al. The essentials of traditional Chinese herbal medicine (5th edition). USA: Foreign Language Press, 2003)

“It is especially beneficial to those who suffer chronic lung disease, It’s used to combat Lung weakness with cough, wheezing and shortness of breath.”

Research reveals that Cordyceps increases lung capacity and overall oxygen utilization. What has been known in Asia for millennia has now been proven scientifically― Cordyceps improves overall respiratory function.

38 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Altamisal, let us know when you have tried using this supplement. It would be interesting to know it's benefits for you. Have you discussed taking this product with your lung doctor?

• I am my own doctor :) Not too hard these days with all the info available on the internet. I don't like conventional medicine. If I can find a good and affordable alternative doctor, I would be up for that.

Yes, if I do try this (it is just one of the items on my list of possible treatments), I will definitely share here.

• Wondering what stage you are, Altamisal . Do you use inhalers? Ruby🌹

• I'm not even sure I have COPD, rubyred777, but I know my lungs took a beating from all those years of inhaling secondhand smoke. Symptoms come and go, and at their worst, they do sound like the descriptions of COPD. No, never used an inhaler. Trusting I never will!

• I'm using cannabis oil, I can't even begin to explain how it has helped me especially with my breathing. I can do things now that I couldn't do a year ago. You can contact me if you'd like to

• How do you use it? Thanxs

• Do you have Facebook

• Yes. ejhryn@yahoo.com

• Yes Kay Greenway

• Yes

Kay greenway in Georgia

• I'd like to contact you about the oil. Questions

• Djs621a@aol.com

• 👌

• Google Jeff Waters he is the Q & A man

• Hi KsGalX6 Was wondering what stage copd you are. Also has your fev1 improved any? Been hearing a lot of good stuff about the cannibus. Ruby🌹

• I'm stage 4. My FEV before starting the cannabis oil was 31. On my last appointment it was 42 and much needed improvement. Started using the oil in September and I'm now down to one inhaler a day. Are used to do breathing treatments every day now I just use them as needed

• Does your doctor give you the oil?

• No I don't get it from my doctor I can give you the name of a group you need to join on Facebook

• Yes I'm still using the oil I started it in September. I can't tell you the difference it's made in my life. I can honestly tell you that if it wasn't for me getting a little SOB when I overdo I wouldn't feel like I had COPD! Feel free friend request me on Facebook at DonnaShogrenRobbins. I will put you in the right direction I was on 3 inhalers now I'm down to one I very seldom have to do any kind of breathing treatment it is an amazing journey

• Are you still using the oil? I live in md. And I don't know where I could get that. I'm 54 and stage 4 needing lung transplant. Would try anything.

• Hi, I'm also in stage 4. I wonder how do you know if you are candidate to lung transplant? If is ok whit you can I know what is your FEV? For what my doctor tolld me there are different stage of EPOC 4 and people react differently.Sorry that I ask so many questions as just want to know what are my choices?

• Ive been really sick I'm sorry it's took so long. My pulmonologist has told me I'm very severe and put me on the waiting list. That's maybe six months or more. She didn't give me my fev this time I got side tracked with transplant news

• Friend request me on Facebook I am listed as DonnaShogrenRobbins

• i would like to find out also if possible... fb marcimillwaterjunge

• Where do you purchase this from?

• You can get it at Amazon. I just added this to my cart. The reviews sound promising.

amazon.com/gp/product/B008N...

• What you purchased on Amazon it's not the same thing a waste of money

• Note the topic of discussion is cordyceps mushrooms and that is what I'm referring to at Amazon.

I kindly suggest you start your own discussion thread on cannabis oil.

• I'm sorry you don't have to be rude about it. Have a great day

• Well, why DON'T you start your own thread? Clearly a lot of people are interested. I'd just prefer it if threads I initiate can stay on topic.

• LOL

• Now because of you I'm turned off to cannabis oil...LOL

• Well that of course is your choice I made a simple mistake by posting in the wrong thread and I apologized. To each his own

• Alright. Peace.

Maybe you don't know how to begin a new thread. Scroll to the top of the page. On the right side in green, it says "Write a post." That starts a new thread.

• Thanks for the heads up on fairly new and didn't know that

• Friend request me on Facebook Donna Shogren and Robbins

• Hi Altamisal, That sounds great! I was actually going to get some mushroom to build my immunity up some. Will definitely get it now. Ruby🌹

• Hi, just waneed to tell you alternative medicines can be a great way to treat all sorts of illnesses/conditions without having all those harsh medications. I strongly reccomend trying this before turning to normal pharmaceuticals.. my father is a doctor who is into alternative medicine and homeopathic medicine, If youd ever want his information you could always give a call and see if he could help you maybe recomend some herbal products/ect to help treat youe condition. If youd rather something closer and in person you could always do a Google search to find out if there are any doctors like that around your area that could start you on a regimens that could help you significantly. You also mentioned cannabis oil, CBD has alot of great benefits to it, my boyfriend has alot of information on this he has been looking to use some for himself, he has chronic pain from a broken ankle that didn't heal properly. So if you'd want info on where to get it you can message me back and Ill gladly help point you in the right direction!

You may also like...