Thank you for your patience this week while we've migrated to this new website. We hope you find the new features help you get more out of this site and we're looking forward to seeing them in use. Look for the information on these from HU shortly. Meanwhile I've added a support update from HU at the bottom of this question. Please continue to share the site problems you've found by replying here. I've passed the link onto the HU Team for their attention.
Those of you that have visited since yesterday's upgrade are likely to have observed some problems as the Health Unlocked developers fix bugs missed during development and fine tune the system. While some early problems have been fixed or will soon be, there are no doubt some that have escaped notice. Here is your opportunity to help us provide a consolidated report on problems we are all experiencing. I'll start the ball rolling with what Nick, I and a few early users have observed...
S - L - O - W loading. I hope before long I never again see the yellow "Loading (this is taking a while...)" banner. I guess it tells me the site is still working...
Auto-tagging. I much preferred the old system and hope the promise of the new system is met as more experience is gained by the auto-tagging routine. Nick and I have observed a few problems as we've been categorising past posts, namely:
- No tagging at all
- The key purpose of the post doesn't even get tagged and there is no way to manually add it
- It is easy to click on the tag rather than the delete symbol when attempting to delete a tag. That takes you to a page of matching tagged items from elsewhere in the community and you think you've lost your post/question. You CAN get back to your post - just click to go back once more. I HATE to think how bad this 'feature' is for people using smart phones and tablets...
- Tagging commonly terms used per specific community. I'm tired of constantly deleting the auto-tags leukaemia, lymphoma, lymphocytic leukaemia, chronic lymphocytic leukaemia, etc. I'd LOVE it if a list of default tags specific to each HU community was excluded from tagging.
Log in related problems. I've had to reset my password and I've lost access and had to log back in occasionally.
To make it easier for Health Unlocked to investigate our problems, I'd appreciate it if you checked if your problem has already been mentioned and reply to THAT reply. Otherwise reply to this post with your problem mentioned in the first line of reply. Feedback from smart phone and tablet users is most welcome - after all you are a growing user community.
Neil and Nick
PS. The Health Unlocked developers have told us that this new website has been completely rewritten, which explains the delay in launching it and the current teething problems we are having. You don't go to this expense this without a very good reason. From my IT experience, it is not uncommon for a software rewrite to initially be worse than what it replaced. However, if the new design achieves what was intended, with some patience, you get a far better end result that can support features that are impossible with the old system. So hang in there!
Hi everyone of the CLL Support Association community,
We apologise for the issues experienced over the past 24 hours with this new site. These changes come as a result of nine months of channeling feedback from 150,000 of our members who have come to us suggesting even better ways of communicating, sharing information and supporting each other.
Your feedback is very helpful moving forward. We know how much many of you depend on this community. Heartfelt apologies if it has been frustrating.
- The new features will significantly improve what you can do in HU in future
- Other improvements will appear over the next weeks and months
- We won’t stop until we’ve ironed out any bumps
We ask for your help over the next few days:
- To let us know any issues you can spot at email@example.com
- To bear with us. We’ll get there!
We’re a small team of people dedicated to making HealthUnlocked the best network around for managing your health online. Thanks for your understanding and being here to help us achieve that - it’s a group effort.