Bridge to 10K
7,689 members β€’ 9,358 posts

Parkrun PB

Yay! Now managed a sub 29minutes 😸

It was a lot of effort but I wanted to put in a good performance for my 10th parkrun.

We even had a new course record set.

Did I mention our celebrity tourist runner?

😸 Katnap 😸

25 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Brilliant! What an amazing time Katnap, and how very cool to have KH there too! πŸ˜€πŸ‘

1 like

Thanks cheeky 😝

1 like

Wow that’s brilliant. Way to go youπŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŒŸ. KH did ok too I guess. πŸ˜‚

1 like

😁😁😁

Wow what an effort. πŸ‘πŸ‘I stayed in bed yesterday morning (no sleep, I wasn't just being lazy!) But I'm going to get out there today. You've inspired me! Wonder if I'll bump into any celebs..😎

1 like

You never know...!

Wow! Very impressed by your speed. Well done :)

1 like

I was ONLY lapped by the top 5 runners!

Wow! Super quick Katnap πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈ great job on your 10th Parkrun! They even had the lovely Dame Kelly there for you 😍 what an honour.⚑️

1 like

She was awesome! A proper pocket rocket πŸš€ πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

1 like

Absolutely brilliant, well done, I got sub 30 yesterday so that is my new target

2 likes

Woo hoo! Well done Chris! I did a lot of extra training runs in the build up and then had a 2 day rest in the hope I would feel my best but I was far from feeling good! It was just determination and being pig headed that it was going to happen even if it killed me!

2 likes

Wow Katnap, that’s fantastic, sub 30 is a pipe dream to me!..fab to have a celeb joining you too!! Hope she was cheering you over the finish line?! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

2 likes

Normally she does at her local parkrun but she instead hung around for photos with everyone who wanted to and even stayed back for a group shot with all the volunteers and marshalls when the tail enders had gone.

2 likes

How nice is that?? What a lovely lady x

2 likes

Great running and a PB for the new year. I'm impressed you had Kelly Holmes there - I don't think we ever have the great and the good at Luton park run.

Have a good rest day.

1 like

Maybe pester a Luton based celeb?

Congratulations on your Parkrun PB! A great start to the year! Kelly Holmes is a great advocate for Parkrun isn't she? She came to one of my local ones a while back.πŸ™‚

1 like

Awesome! Yeah. KH made a point of raising parkrun at her radio interview yesterday too. She loves it! πŸ˜πŸ’—

1 like

Congratulations Katnap - your determination obviously did the trick!

1 like

Thanks jonathan! 😸

1 like

Wow Katnap, you were obviously trying to impress the dame! 🀣🀣 well Done you. πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸ‘πŸ‘

1 like

The winner also took the course record! The KH effect worked on many of us! 😸

Well done!!! Fantastic! πŸƒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘πŸ’ͺπŸ‘

1 like

Ta! 😸

1 like

You may also like...