Bridge to 10K
7,222 members8,518 posts

New parkrun, new PR - W2 5k smashed!

I normally do Lincoln parkrun, but Market Rasen has started a new run around the racecourse, so I decided to have a change of scenery. After last night’s rain, the going was a little “soft” but the weather was gorgeous. Most of the runners seemed to be wearing running club, half or marathon t-shirts which was a little daunting but off I went on my Magic 10 week 2 5k run. Obviously having all those serious runners must’ve been good for me because I took 49 seconds off my parkrun personal record coming in at 33.31 and 110th out of 150 runners. A gentle stroll for ThunderSloth but I was mightily chuffed. I finished just behind the guided blind runner 😂😂. Happy running!

19 Replies
oldestnewest

Woohoo, brilliant time Sandie! 👏👏👏 What a fabulous place to run, round a racecourse! 👍 🐎 🏃‍♀️🏃

Thanks Cheeky! Nice and flat, just how I like it 😃

1 like

Ooo how lovely! 😀 I need to find a nice flat one too!

Hey, I was there too!! My first park run, missed it last week due to work. Just a plain black shirt for me, no club or marathon!!

I only found out about it earlier in the week so missed the first one. I have to say having fewer people and a more open route meant it was much less crowded than Lincoln so I will definitely be back!

1 like

Yes. I was quite impressed with it.....I normally only see the racecourse from the other side so was nice to see it from a different view!! Ran up to it, ran the 5k and ran home for a total of 9k!

Respect 👏👏👏

I’m glad we didn’t have to go over the jumps though....some of them look pretty high!!

😂😂

🤣😂 Haha! Bloomin’ heck! ...I wish Sandie!!!

That’s a cracking time! Good on you 🙌 What a great venue for a run too, brilliant 👌

You do make me laugh Sandie, I love your humour 🤩 ...here’s a fist bump for cutting 49 seconds off ...and that awesome new PB - good work 👊⚡️⚡️

1 like

Well done Sandi, PB and W2 complete. 🏃‍♀️👏👏

How great to go to a new Parkrun too - a racecourse sounds fun.

🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️👏🏃‍♂️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♂️🐕🚶‍♀️🐩🐎🐎

1 like

Great run... congratulations on the PB.

Was it flat, hurdles or steeplechase?

😂😂

Looks glorious, great time too

Hi Sandie! I just joined the Bridge forum and I was so excited to see your post. I am living abroad at the moment, but my parents live close to Market Rasen. It's so good to know that when I am home, I will be able to join this park run 😊! Excellent time and well done for getting a new PB!

1 like

Well done. It's a lovely parkrun. I was there doing week 1 5k!

It made a nice change from Lincoln, which just has too many people for the narrow bits like June’s Bridge at the start!

Boom.... result!! That is a fabulous achievement, well done you 😎💥🕺🏽

Thanks ju-ju! Even better that I was 1min 42 secs faster than last week, which was a toughie!

You may also like...