New route, new shoes, new furthest distance ... - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K
10,345 members β€’ 13,853 posts

New route, new shoes, new furthest distance running, new longest time too!

Runninginsingapore
Runninginsingapore
β€’9 Replies

Inspired by my 70 year old dad who came to visit at the weekend, I decided to try a new route. When my parents visit, my dad always goes for a morning walk and invariably finds somewhere new to explore.

So instead of turning right out of our road I turned left! We live near the longest, straightest road in Singapore, which happens to run past the Botanical Gardens. I knew it was about 6km to the gardens so I went there. The road was pretty boring, but it was flat and straight! The gardens however are beautiful. They are a UNESCO world heritage site and well worth exploring. I ran until I found a water fountain, then from one end to another, via another water fountain and then back to the entrance where I decided to get public transport home!

It was slow, but today I ran my furthest distance and longest time. And it was great to go somewhere different. I may have to be more adventurous more often!

9 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
cheekychipmunks
cheekychipmunksGraduate10

Oh wow RIS, that sounds lovely! Brilliant job running over 11k too! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Good for your dad giving you the inspiration to turn left! πŸ‘πŸ˜€

Hope your weather is more clement than ours at the moment! I’m heading out shortly and I know I’m going to get drenched! πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦

Happy running and happy further exploring! πŸ˜€

The advantage of rain is that you can’t tell how sweaty I get 🀣.

misswobble
misswobbleGraduate10

Sounds fab! It’s great to run and explore ! Less boring that way Fancy finding such a thing! I was ecstatic to find an apple tree on my run yesters 😁

I’ve still not found my mythical lost church. i got within touching distance of it yesterday but could I find it πŸ€·β€β™€οΈβ˜ΉοΈ

That sounds great too! It is exciting seeing new surroundings.

MutleyShuffle
MutleyShuffleGraduate10

Sounds lovely, you have reminded me I need to try some new routes - I am getting bored of my seafront run which is lovely and flat, need some hilly adventures! 😁

misswobble
misswobbleGraduate10
in reply to MutleyShuffle

You so do !πŸ’ͺπŸ‘. Running by the sea though 😍. You tried the beach?

MutleyShuffle
MutleyShuffleGraduate10
in reply to misswobble

Ha ha I'd forgotten about the beach! Tried it once, for a short run, it was awesome but I did get wet feet! Need to wait for low tide as it's a stony beach, but yes must try it again 😊

I have to admit that I am still avoiding hills... I keep thinking that I ought to give it a go, then I wimp out! 🀣

ju-ju-
ju-ju-Administrator

Running adventures are the best.... sounds perfect :)

You may also like...