Bridge to 10K
7,421 members8,936 posts

Gone and entered a 10k run

Help! Ive gone and done it, scary stuff. I have run this distance twice myself lately but on my own with my Garmin watch. Totally different I think with loads of other runners, I’ve got real butterflies already and it’s not until September 15th. Any suggestions to help would be appreciated, thanks.

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Have you done a parkrun? If not go do one, then your 10k race will be the same just two laps :)

Will do thanks for the suggestion

I agree with pinkaardvark Parkrun will help and it will get you running with lots of other runners. Good luck!!! 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

Thank you

Well done! It'll be loads of fun. pinkaardvark's suggestion is a good one. I'd add: Imagine yourself running across the finish line and how proud you'll feel - those butterflies are also caused by excitement!! On the day of the race (and the parkrun if you do it) don't worry about the crowds; at the starting line put yourself towards the back of the runners where you won't feel overwhelmed. Take in the atmosphere, start off at a very relaxed pace, and enjoy the experience 😊

Will do a park run thanks

1 like

You’ll be good! The other runners will carry you round and adrenaline will give you a race-day boost. It’ll be a blast!🔥 Yeeeeeeeeeha 💪👍😃🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

Racing is brilliant fun! Who knew ey 😁.

Thanks for the encouragement I need it.

You’ll be fine 🙂

My first 10k on 2nd September - I am nervous but confident that I can do it as I ran 10k on Tuesday. V slow and steady is my mantra. Good luck. Oh and parkrun is a great timed run with mass participants to take part in xx

You may also like...