Furthest run and my first virtual medal - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K

13,587 members18,309 posts

Furthest run and my first virtual medal

bertiesugar
bertiesugarGraduate10

Well after a lovely week in Scotland I treated myself to a new pair of road running trainers and trail trainers. In my not so infinite wisdom I thought I would up the distance by running at least 10k before doing the park run. I was confident doing this as I knew people around me would help with the last 5km. Although writing this I feel tired I am buzzing from achieving 10 miles. I entered a virtual run for August which was to run 9 3/4 km or 9 3/4 miles. On the 1st August I did 10km to achieve the task but held off submitting it just in case o could do the 9 3/4 miles. on to the next challenge "half marathon"

5 Replies
oldestnewest
FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10

Well done. and lovely shoes!

Dexy5
Dexy5Graduate10

Love those shoes bertiesugar. And well done on the 10k. 🏃‍♂️👏

bertiesugar
bertiesugarGraduate10 in reply to Dexy5

I am feeling it now. got the shoes at Gretna retail outlet. Nearly bought a 3rd pair. My karimors have nearly had it. May bring them out for anniversary runs

mountaindreamer
mountaindreamerGraduate10

Wow - can’t imagine doing 10K THEN a Parkrun at this point in time! Well done Bertie! Cool shoes too! 😃🏃‍♂️❤️😎

bertiesugar
bertiesugarGraduate10

At teh time I thought yes lets give it a shot at time of posting thia I have been round town and did food shopping and am now out for the count, been moaning about my aches since 10 this morning lol

You may also like...