Bridge to 10K
7,225 members โ€ข 8,537 posts

Just signed up for my first 10k!

Hi!

I've graduated C25K recently, and have now run 5x 5k runs so am almost ready to begin the B210K plan!

I have just signed up for a 10k race on Jan 27th, is it feasible to be able to get to 10k in the next 5 months? Does anyone have any advice?

14 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Hi Becky. Simple answer - yes! The increase from 5k-10K is much quicker/easier than that to 5k (personally speaking). I did it in 5 weeks.

Welcome and good luck!

1 like

Thanks Ripcurlrana! That gives me so much hope haha! 10k seemed an impossible dream a few months ago.

1 like

Hi Becky1606 as the mighty Ripcurlrana71 says, you can certainly get to 10k in that time, even an old codger like me got there in about 6 weeks, my advice is follow the plan but if on your long run and are feeling good stretch it a bit further, just be sensible about pace

1 like

Happy birthday!!! ๐ŸŽ‚

1 like

Hi Berksrover, thats really good to know, for some reason I have a mental block about going further than 5k but I know I can do it in terms of legs and breathing, I think I'm going to have one more week of consolidation 5ks and then start the plan!

Yeah go for it. Very doable. There is someone very kind enough to do a 10k plan on the bridge to 10k group.

1 like

Congratulation on completing C25K and on achieving the 5k. In the pinned post section youโ€™ll find a structured running plan that goes from 5k to 10k in 8 weeks. Lots of people on here have followed it. (Look up posts from @ju-ju-). Itโ€™s a rolling programme currently on week 7 so I would expect it to start again soon.

Happy running.

Thanks! I've had a look at ju-ju's plan and it looks really good - will definitely give it my best go!

1 like

Most people do it in 4-6 weeks so 5mths is plenty hehe. Follow jujus b210k plan. It is 8 weeks now as a few weeks are repeated it used to be 6.

Thanks! Just had a look at her B210K plan and it looks really good so will definitely try my best at it!

Thatโ€™s brilliant Becky. Good luck!

1 like

Hi Becky! Youโ€™ll have no problem getting to 10k. I followed the advice for after C25K and did 3 weeks of consolidation runs before upping my distance. Im not following a plan but Iโ€™m up to about 8k now. I graduated on 27th June. Good luck! ๐Ÿ˜€

Hi Simon! I think I will do another week of 5k consolidation and then move myself onto the 10k plan :D. That's amazing that you're up to 8k now - seems like a dream for me haha

1 like

Like people have said above - once you get comfortable running 5 Ks it is easier to move up. Also it is not every run that is longer. You have a โ€˜long runโ€™ each week. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

You may also like...