Since when did 4K become a short run - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K
11,796 members15,454 posts

Since when did 4K become a short run

CJDavies
CJDaviesGraduate10

Just found it amusing that this evening I text my husband to let him know where I was when he got back home.

My text read ‘Just out for a run, won’t be long it’s the short run today’. Given I was planning on running 4K this amused me somewhat- I’m not sure I’d have considered that a short run a couple of months back.

It’s things like this that make me realise how far we have all come.

11 Replies
oldestnewest
Sutsha
SutshaGraduate10

Was just thinking that myself. The goal of 5K just weeks ago is now a short, easy run!

sallenson
sallensonGraduate10 in reply to Sutsha

Now hang on just a minute!! Some of us have only just got to Big School :-)

Sutsha
SutshaGraduate10 in reply to sallenson

Me too! But as soon as you add one or two KM, you're glad to do a 5K. A 4K is even better. You'll do great Stephen.

sallenson
sallensonGraduate10 in reply to Sutsha

If I don't I want my money back. And your chips. xx

O505k
O505kGraduate10

I hear you. I have recently increased my short run to 5k! Not that long ago when 5k was my target!!

GoGo_JoJo
GoGo_JoJoModerator

🤣🤣🤣👍 yep. Crazy really!

Abaggs
AbaggsGraduate10

Makes me laugh too!! But we're doing it!!😀

Jay66UK
Jay66UKGraduate10

And I’m currently thinking I’m under-doing it by “still” “only” doing 4k-4k-5k and switching to 4k-5k-5k.

Week 1, I could barely breathe after the first 1 minute. We’ve all come a very long way.

Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator

Wonderful.... so, so many of us have felt exactly like you!

I can remember saying, ( old school), oh, I will just have a short run out there, only three miles or so :)

Ain't this running grand... :)

Well done you!

sallenson
sallensonGraduate10

We're all weird. But happy. And pose no danger to the population at large. Apart from some of us :-)

Tasha99
Tasha99Graduate10

You’re right! 😂

You may also like...