Another run ticked off... Week 2, Run 2, 5k.... - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K
8,953 members10,651 posts

Another run ticked off... Week 2, Run 2, 5k. Done!

Hello folks!

Just a quick update from me, I managed another run, which was intended to be a morning run, but I didn't quite get going in time, as it's my day off.

Anyway, i went on a lovely afternoon run along the canal towpath. Weather was not too hot, just right. I ran at a speed that felt comfortable, and completed the run in just under 35 minutes. Not my best, but I'm very happy with that. The next run I am going to slow down though, I'm determined to learn to pace myself properly.

I really love my canal route. Note I said canal route, not root canal! The scenery is lovely and varied, with a good smattering of friendly dogs. I had to avoid 3 dogs on a walk today who had just spotted another dog coming the other way. I ran a bit faster to avoid whatever confrontation might occur lol

Said other dog was actually attached to a runner who joined the towpath just ahead of me, and was going at a pace very similar to mine, but slightly faster, so I used her as a pacer, and kept up with her for the last 1.5k or so. I didn't have to, I didn't need to, but just fancied the challenge, as I've often suspected I could run slightly faster without too much trouble. I reckon the dog was pulling her on though!!

I won't be doing that on the longer runs, but it was an interesting exercise, and it's good to push ones self every now and then. I was a pool of sweat when I got back though!

Have a lovely day everyone,

Neil

17 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done... and it has been so muggy hasn’t it... just too hot!!

1 like

Yes, that’s for sure. Just makes everything feel so much harder!! I’m looking forward to the next run on Sunday though, it will be slower, and hopefully I can borrow the robot legs back from Sadie :)

1 like

Sounds like a great run Neil!

Muggy is definitely the word for this week's runs!

1 like

Thanks Deb :) yes I know, muggy is just getting annoying. I always feel so hot and sticky after a run these days. I’m enjoying it though. Looks like you are enjoying your running too!

Go Neil... you are doing wonderfully!

1 like

Thank you Oldfloss! What's great is that I now feel totally confident doing 5k :) See - C25K works, and I'm really looking forward to the 10k plan working too!

1 like

Fab run x

1 like

Thanks Flick :)

1 like

Good work, Mr Neil! Glad you got out. The runs are so much more manageable when it’s a bit cooler, eh?

Is it the 6k next for you? If so, you will smash it!

Have a lovely rest day. x

1 like

Good morning you! Yes, 6k tomorrow. I’m really looking forward to a nice gentle run hopefully with your robot legs! I’m actually going to try to get out nice and early I think, before it’s too hot.

1 like

Well, I don’t think I am going to run tomorrow, so you are welcome to borrow me robot legs! I am loving running for longer - it is a whole new experience, eh?!

1 like

It is, I’m still thinking back to that glorious 6.5k I did on bank holiday Monday.

But knowing you, I have an incling that you’ll be out there... there is a precedent for that is there not? :P

1 like

lol, well yes, I do have form for that! But after my accidental 7k yesterday, I do think 2 days rest for my poor wee legs would be prudent! They were really aching yesterday - but actually, much better today...

So, having done 6.5k before, 6k will be a breeze for you, right?! 😁👏

1 like

Well, a bit like the C25K wk6 syndrome, I’m not counting my chickens, but I think if I pace myself I should be fine. What could go wrong eh? :P

2 likes

Absolutely - pace is key! 😁

1 like

Well done Hidden ...you’re doing great, we have a lovely canal route nearby, I haven’t run it for ages, might have to include that this week sometime...looking forward to your next report!!

1 like

Thank you! Yes, I’m off out just as soon as I can get my butt off this rather comfy bed :P I’ll post later :)

1 like

You may also like...