Bridge to 10K
7,138 members โ€ข 8,136 posts

Upping the pace again

Happy Friday, my running friends :)

Nice conditions for a run today, bright sunshine but with a cool breeze. We upped the pace a little today back towards the 5min/km average. Felt good all the way round, varying the pace to get some recovery time and even managed a sprint finish. I hope to get a 10k in during the next week before heading off to Ibiza. Have a great weekend!

24 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Very Good ๐Ÿ˜Šyoucan get that 10k done with your eyes shut ๐Ÿ˜‰ although probably best you dont haha ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

1 like

Thanks Claire. No, I wouldn't advise trying with closed eyes ;)

1 like

But you DO prefer running in the dark ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

I haven't run in the dark for weeks!

1 like

Nicely done Mike, some good times there and agree with Claire, looks like you would get the 10K without any issues.

This morning I did my third 10K in the past week. Wasn't planning on doing 10K but missed my 5K time goal so after a brief rest (and thus a slow 6th KM) I pushed on to an OK time for the 10K (just under 52m averaging 5:11/km.

1 like

That's very good, I have only managed one 10k and did it in 58 minutes, but that was a few months ago before joining the club at work, which has really improved my times :)

1 like

Brilliant. i will NEVER in this lifetime manage 5min/km, unless it's downhill on speed with the wind behind me! x

1 like

although actually I've managed 4min/km briefly down a very steep hill :)

2 likes

I can go quicker jumping off things ;)

1 like

Dude, your rocking!๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป..i can only manage 05:40โ€™s consistently in my 5kโ€™s, and they leave me puffing , your going to destroy your previous 10k PB, good luck ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

1 like

Thanks! I do remember on my first 10k just concentrating on doing sub 6min kms as I wanted to do it in under an hour. Seems mad that I'm now doing The kms almost a minute faster.

Great going Mike. Will be interesting to see what sort of time you post on your next 10k

Good luck

1 like

Thanks Ted. Really hope to get a 10k in before going away next week......

Iโ€™m off to Tuscany on the 30th. Running gear going with me ๐Ÿƒ

Enjoy your hols Mike ๐Ÿ˜Ž

1 like

You'll get carbo-loading with style out there. Bring some home for the rest of us and mind those hills!!

Go Mike.. speedy as ever.. enjoy your Hols:)

1 like

Thanks Floss ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Wow Mike, you are speedy. Iโ€™ve plateaued around 5.30 -5.45 per km with the occasional faster split, but I can plod on for 18km sometimes so I guess Iโ€™m not built for speed. You on the other hand just keep getting faster and faster. Iโ€™m dead impressed .

1 like

Thank you! Maybe I'll see you on the Sundon Park trails at some point......

1 like

Nicely done, you are one speedy guy..... oooo Ibiza, great for running straight after the foam party ๐Ÿ˜‰

1 like

Lol, I'm a bit old for foam parties! I am taking my running gear, but as it's an all inclusive holiday I might not be able to run in a straight line........

1 like

In my book you are never too old for any type of party. Iโ€™ve never been to a foam party but itโ€™s on my bucket list!! Iโ€™m nearly 48, doesnโ€™t stop me. Run early before the sun comes up and slow the pace or you might feint, take water if you have the equipment. Oh and have fun, I adore Ibiza

1 like

I'm 50 this year. I didn't realise your age. I assumed you were a fair bit younger!

Never beento Ibiza before, so looking forward to it. Staying at Puerta San Miguel, which looks nice.......

1 like

Thankyou!!!! I have been a few times but a long time ago. Itโ€™s worth having a car to explore all the amazing beaches. Ibiza town is great fun too.

1 like

You may also like...