Bridge to 10K
4,611 members4,967 posts

Upping the pace again

Upping the pace again

Happy Friday, my running friends :)

Nice conditions for a run today, bright sunshine but with a cool breeze. We upped the pace a little today back towards the 5min/km average. Felt good all the way round, varying the pace to get some recovery time and even managed a sprint finish. I hope to get a 10k in during the next week before heading off to Ibiza. Have a great weekend!

24 Replies
oldestnewest

Very Good 😊youcan get that 10k done with your eyes shut 😉 although probably best you dont haha 😂🤣

1 like

Thanks Claire. No, I wouldn't advise trying with closed eyes ;)

1 like

But you DO prefer running in the dark 😂🤣

I haven't run in the dark for weeks!

1 like

Nicely done Mike, some good times there and agree with Claire, looks like you would get the 10K without any issues.

This morning I did my third 10K in the past week. Wasn't planning on doing 10K but missed my 5K time goal so after a brief rest (and thus a slow 6th KM) I pushed on to an OK time for the 10K (just under 52m averaging 5:11/km.

1 like

That's very good, I have only managed one 10k and did it in 58 minutes, but that was a few months ago before joining the club at work, which has really improved my times :)

1 like

Brilliant. i will NEVER in this lifetime manage 5min/km, unless it's downhill on speed with the wind behind me! x

1 like

although actually I've managed 4min/km briefly down a very steep hill :)

2 likes

I can go quicker jumping off things ;)

1 like

Dude, your rocking!💪🏻💪🏻👍🏻👍🏻..i can only manage 05:40’s consistently in my 5k’s, and they leave me puffing , your going to destroy your previous 10k PB, good luck 💪🏻💪🏻👍🏻

1 like

Thanks! I do remember on my first 10k just concentrating on doing sub 6min kms as I wanted to do it in under an hour. Seems mad that I'm now doing The kms almost a minute faster.

Great going Mike. Will be interesting to see what sort of time you post on your next 10k

Good luck

1 like

Thanks Ted. Really hope to get a 10k in before going away next week......

I’m off to Tuscany on the 30th. Running gear going with me 🏃

Enjoy your hols Mike 😎

1 like

You'll get carbo-loading with style out there. Bring some home for the rest of us and mind those hills!!

Go Mike.. speedy as ever.. enjoy your Hols:)

1 like

Thanks Floss 😊

1 like

Wow Mike, you are speedy. I’ve plateaued around 5.30 -5.45 per km with the occasional faster split, but I can plod on for 18km sometimes so I guess I’m not built for speed. You on the other hand just keep getting faster and faster. I’m dead impressed .

1 like

Thank you! Maybe I'll see you on the Sundon Park trails at some point......

1 like

Nicely done, you are one speedy guy..... oooo Ibiza, great for running straight after the foam party 😉

1 like

Lol, I'm a bit old for foam parties! I am taking my running gear, but as it's an all inclusive holiday I might not be able to run in a straight line........

1 like

In my book you are never too old for any type of party. I’ve never been to a foam party but it’s on my bucket list!! I’m nearly 48, doesn’t stop me. Run early before the sun comes up and slow the pace or you might feint, take water if you have the equipment. Oh and have fun, I adore Ibiza

1 like

I'm 50 this year. I didn't realise your age. I assumed you were a fair bit younger!

Never beento Ibiza before, so looking forward to it. Staying at Puerta San Miguel, which looks nice.......

1 like

Thankyou!!!! I have been a few times but a long time ago. It’s worth having a car to explore all the amazing beaches. Ibiza town is great fun too.

1 like

You may also like...