Bridge to 10K
4,662 members5,061 posts

Back out there!

Back out there!

Hi all! Hope everyone is well and of course enjoying this delicious weather.

Today and last Tuesday was my first two runs after being on the IC for about 3 weeks.

Ankle injury due to ligaments being damaged. A build up of fluid on rest so very painful.so gentle exercise was the order of the day. So gradually I have been improving.

So today I managed to run more than 1k without pain and it was a good feeling.

Anyhoo all .......

Happy running and keep safe😀😀

15 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done Peggy, a great start back 😄

1 like

Thanks joy! Hope your well? 😀

1 like

Good generally but, like you, haven't run for nearly 3 weeks due to an injury. It's feeling a lot better though and I have a 10k event on Sunday so I'll try a gentle, short run during the week. If I have to walk a lot of the 10k, then so be it 😃

1 like

Sorry to hear that you had injury too! but pleased it’s getting better.

Good luck on your 10k Sunday,and yes if you have to walk most of it so be it. However I suspect that won’t be true as you will probably run most of it as you are very fit. Just see how you feel on the day and look after yourself but also enjoy it.

I am going to do a park run on Sat which was my intention when I suddenly had the visit to the IC couch ha! So looking forward to that.

However I shall like yourself take it gently.

Happy running Joy and heal quickly😀😀

Great to hear you are on the mend and able to ease back in to running. Good luck🙂

1 like

Thank you Sandra! It’s great to be out and about again ha! Hope your well ?😀

I'm good thanks, Peggy. Running going well at the moment - 10k event next weekend!🏃🏽‍♀️😀🏅

1 like

That’s good news! Good luck for next weekend !👍😀😀

1 like

Thank you!🙂

That’s great, we’ll done! 💪🏻

Thanks Catbee! It great to be back out there. Hope alls well with you?😀😀

1 like

I’ve been injured too 🤒 (bad hip) but I’ve made tentative slow steps to get back out there!! It’s frustrating isn’t it!

Oh sorry🙁 to hear that! Slow steps are the best so you can heal properly . Your quite right it is frustrating though. Your mind set is already to get out there but the body is just not having any of it!

Hope your hip gets better soon .

Take care Catbee😀

1 like

Thanks! And You too 🤗

1 like

X😀

1 like

You may also like...