Bridge to 10K
5,405 members5,940 posts

Don't try and run too fast...

runningmagazine.ca/how-mo-c...

This funny video is what happens when amateur runners get on a treadmill set at 23kph - the speed that Mo Farah runs 5km,

Don't try this at home or at your gym.

(sorry if you've seen it before).

14 Replies
oldestnewest

Blimey. It puts it in perspective doesn't it? Unbelievable.

We all have our own 'natural' pace, don't we? Makes me laugh when folks post that they think that they should be running faster.

2 likes

Gone in 60 seconds 😁

Mo! What a flipping star 😃. Did you see him on the Sports Personality of Year 😁

When you watch Mo closely he seems not to be moving that fast

I saw him very briefly (until he was cut off!). Well deserved, a fantastic athlete, and qualifies for the 'Personality' aspect, too. He runs 10km faster than I can run 5km :-)

1 like

Hahah this was great. Isn't it amazing what humans can achieve? (not me personally though, I only run at 8kmph and aspire to 10 🤣🤣🤣)

I love the athlete in the video, standing in the gym with her inhaler. So like all of us!

1 like

Added to favourites. Not sure whether to laugh or be in awe!

Just remember where that little urge in your mind ("Must run a little faster") ends up :-)

1 like

Respect. Utmost. Total. Respect.

Mo sure is a fast runner. We are in awe when someone goes round our parkrun in 18 minutes. Mo would be back, had time to boil an egg and eat it before our fastest runners go through the finish funnel.

3 likes

We are forgetting a fine line between extra talented hard working professionals and care free amateurs who refuse to go out if the weather isn't to their liking, hehe..

So true...

Mo is a legend!

Brilliant, I just love him and it makes me happy that he runs so much faster than me.

You may also like...