Bridge to 10K
4,852 members • 5,482 posts

Rain may stop play! 😳

We are currently holidaying across the globe. This week we are in Melbourne, Australia. For the past few weeks I have been planning a Melbourne Parkrun, I’m keen on Parkrun tourism, it would be rude not to and this may be an only chance. Hubby happy to come along as the route is pretty much the same as the Melbourne F1 Grand Prix route 👍🏼. I’ve been thinking yeap, nice to be away from Blighty’s cold weather. Last few days have been 30 degrees plus, but Parkrun is 8am here so all should be good.

So we have just checked the route to the venue with the Concierge. The reply was ‘Are you aware we have a weather warning? We are told to expect storms with 70mm rain on Friday, 80mm rain on Saturday. Unheard of in Melbourne in the last forty years’ . 😱😱😱😱😱

So........ I will keep an open mind, maybe the weather won’t be too bad eeekkk. Otherwise I will keep my fingers crossed for a good Sydney Parkrun.

Is it something I said do you think? 🙏🤔

11 Replies
oldest • newest

How is your swimming:)

Your trip sounds wonderful!

Have a wonderful time and great Park Run too :)

1 like

Thanks Floss. Yarra Valley Vineyard Tour today (Friday). No sign of rain yet!

2 likes

Hi J . Have family in Melbourne how long U staying ?. 1 is good regular runner. Mike

The y v wine is very drinkable. Have a great holiday.

It certainly is Mike! I shall give as many as possible a try!

Maybe the forecast is wrong 😕

1 like

Hope so IP. I shall be in the pool otherwise!

1 like

We have warm rain here in Australia :) - although you did say Melbourne, didn't you!

1 like

Flash floods predicted Bazza! I didnt bring Wellies😎

I hope the rain holds off for you 😊 Your holiday sounds wonderful!

2 likes

We were rained off today 😱 . Tomorrow looks a bit better so we will do the parkrun route and record as a ‘Freedom Run’. Hopefully Sydney next Saturday wont be rained off 🤞🏼

1 like

You may also like...