Bridge to 10K
6,194 members โ€ข 6,927 posts

First 10k since my 'summer of injury'!๐Ÿ™‚

..and how sweet it felt to be out there on my favourite route today!๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ Although this was far from a PB timewise (!) today was all about the distance and just enjoying the trail.๐Ÿ˜€ Some of the route I had not run for months and it was a little bit like seeing an old friend; trudging across a hilly field and ambling up a path still overgrown with nettles and brambles (that took a while to get through!) Muddy tracks in shady places and leaves coming down in the gentle breeze ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ - this is what I love about running and these long, 'lonely' runs are what I have missed. After sciatica left me with nerve damage in my leg, I am at last running without feeling weaker in one leg and have moved on from those 'compensatory' niggles. I just felt good and happy and so very, very grateful to be out there! Happy running everyone!๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ

12 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

You have done brilliantly Sandra, great return to form at last ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

It has really tested my patience at times ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ™ and has been hard work...but worth it now. Thanks๐Ÿ™‚

1 like

Great job, lovely to see you back to the long route; take it steady now and enjoy the sweet, sweet, feeling of success :)

1 like

๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you Helen.

You can't beat a good old 10k for lifting the spirits.

I am still building back up and it is still a few weeks off, but everything is looking good.

Well done Sandra, it is almost worth getting injured for (not).

3 likes

...not! But yes, hard work always pays off.๐Ÿ™‚

Great news Sandra๐Ÿ˜Š

Back on your trails. x

Thanks Jan - happy me๐Ÿ™‚

1 like

Lovely! So glad you're back out there, with a great 10k to celebrate :)

1 like

I'm really pleased to read this Sandra. You've had a hard summer but you're now back where you belong ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ

Enjoy the winter ๐Ÿ™‚

1 like

Yay - brilliant, good news that you had a lovely run back out on the trails ๐Ÿ˜€

1 like

Sorry, only just found this post! So glad to hear that you are much better and back on the trails. I love being out in the woods in Autumn, the colours are lovely and I like the noise of the crunching leaves as I plod along ๐Ÿ˜Š

You may also like...