First official fun run signed up!: Yikes! I've... - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K

13,225 members โ€ข 17,546 posts

First official fun run signed up!

Decker
DeckerGraduate10
โ€ข2 Replies

Yikes! I've just signed up for a local 5k fun run on Aug 19 to make this whole thing official with a t-shirt and some kind of medal at the end (assuming I finish and don't wander off course somewhere) ๐Ÿ˜œ. Never done a real run with other people so I am a bit nervous. Got some new shoes yesterday so I must be taking this seriously now, right? I had a nice run this morn with 5.82k at a 5.55 pace using the stamina NHS podcast. I really like the 5min kick at the end. Going to rest tomorrow and take it easy.

2 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest
Irishprincess
IrishprincessGraduate10

Good for you for signing up for a race. It's a great goal and will keep you ticking over and getting out there. And there's bling ๐Ÿค— No other reason to enter a race IMO ๐Ÿ™‚

You know the rule around here is you have to post a piccie of your new shoes? We're very nosey and love looking at new stuff.....or maybe that's just me ๐Ÿ˜

Decker
DeckerGraduate10 in reply to Irishprincess

Haha thank you Irishprincess! Yes I think I'm a sucker for the bling too ๐Ÿ˜€ and I shall take a pic of the shoes in a new post as I can't seem to add pics to replies.

You may also like...