Reasons to keep running

Reasons to keep running

I am really determined to maintain my running, and to stay motivated. It will be a year in July since beginning C25k. So I have a 10k race in a fortnight, and have booked a 10mile for early 2018. For the 10m I shall meet up with Anniemurph and misswobble which will be great. They will be finished the run way before me and probably gone home before I finish so we will need a pre run photo, That all means I need to keep training and no slacking. I shall also do a few more 10k and 5k events in between. And of course Parkrun!

I am a bit of a bling enthusiast, so I have treated myself to a medal hanger, and have posted a photo! The words are my own, because that is how I see my journey has been. I've have had to dig deep sometimes throughout family health issues to ensure I maintain the 'me time' that running brings.

Loads of room on the hanger for more bling so it will take a while to fill it. I am proud of myself and have decided it's time to let everyone know so visitors to our home beware ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

40 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • You are a real runner, you won't ever slack. Fantastic that you've entered so many races - I haven't done one yet, but I will one day! You are very lucky to meet up with others aswell.

• I dont really race, other than against myself, i am very slow but yes, I am a runner!

Why not look for a virtual run as a starting point? I have done two, one for the Poppy Appeal, and one for Ben Smiths 401Marathon fundraiser. Your fee goes directly to the charity , the sponsors fund the bling๐Ÿ…

• Good idea - and if I can run with Oldfloss even better!

• That's a winning board if ever I saw one! A lot of hooks on there Jacs, you're gonna be busy! Fantastic, go you ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ…

Mx

Ps make sure it's in a prominent place so visitors can't miss it ๐Ÿ˜‰

• It is very prominent teehee! Hubby has insisted it goes in the kitchen! He likes to cook and feed friends and family so the kitchen is the hub of the house. I was going to put it under the stairs or in the cloakroom ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

• That is such a lovely post Jacs - it really shows the confidence that running has given you. I can totally relate to that! Where did you get your medal hanger - I love it! I am just like you and now wondering how and where I should put my (very small) collection of bling! My HM medal has been hung on the dresser since I got it in March and I just can't bring myself to take it down!! Take care.๐Ÿ™‚x

• Hi Sandra! I had it from this web site:

blingthinguk.com/

If you dont see what you want email them and they will aim to please. They do smaller ones but i couldnt get my words on a smaller one๐Ÿ˜€

It came within five days too๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

• Thank you - I shall have a look!โ˜บ

• Thanks for the link... just ordered one myself :-)

• Enjoy !

• Absolutely wonderful! You are a winner!!! I love the medal holder and there is room for so many more medals!!!

• It will definitely last a good while Floss! I am very pleased with it๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Go you...! And thanks for the idea of a virtual run.. since I have not managed a Park run yet...! ... maybe this will fill a gap and do some good for Charity too!

• Oh yes Floss, perfect for you!

Some are just money makers but there are plenty of charity ones!

• I just had a quick look.. there are some that I know I could do easily, (ha-ha) and the Charities are ones I would support too...so I need to get shifted!

• Ive signed up for a 5k virtual run mid August for Kidney Research ....,

Virtualrunneruk.com

Realfoodieclub have you seen this? Might be good for you maybe?

• I shall do that...๐Ÿ™‚

• I have signed up for it! Thanksx

• Oh I haven't seen that one. I will have a look.

• I've not forgotten about your parkrun Oldfloss ! :)

• Nor me..just been tricky.I will get there..!

• Well done Jacs-W - that looks great! And it's your legs and yours alone that won those medals. :)

• Thanks Anne! These legs were made for running, apparently

• Looks great - and lots of empty hooks to fill!!

• That looks great Jacs !

It will soon be groaning under the weight of all the bling youre going to have :-) xxx

• Id like to think so Pops xxx

• I love the hanger! I have some walking bling (half marathon and 25k walks), but love the idea of displaying it - it would certainly act as an incentive to get some more!! :)

[and to get some running bling in the future!]

• That's brilliant. I started in July as well but don't have any bling. I've preferred to go it alone so far, apart from a few Parkruns - although I have registered for a fun run soon (this time last year I couldn't see what the 'fun' was) and Race for Life in July.

Yesterday, a) I was grumpy and b) I hadn't run for 5 days, and I don't think the those two facts were unconnected. So today I did w1r2 of Sami Murphy and enjoyed it. I even did my best 5k time which was 38.58. To all of you that will be ridiculously slow, however I was inordinately pleased with it! Chipping away, little by little. Maybe I WILL even get to 10k one day!

• Good for you! ๐Ÿ˜€ If you set yourself some goals, enter some races, the chances are you will keep going. I hope so. It seems to me a good way of keeping fit and staying slim

See you at the Ashbourne gig ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ…

My son bought me this one for a mother's day gift when I got my first medal

goo.gl/images/5jrH6B

• That is really lovely MIssW.

Yes see you at Ashbourne, after Ive done some serious training ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ…

• Thats great to have a firm plan Jacs! and I love you new bling holder! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• How inspirational! Having just completed C25K your wonderful medal-hanger shows what might be possible if I stick at it. And I really love the fact you bought it for yourself and came up with that great aphorism at the top. Your a runner AND a poet. Thank you.

• Thank you!

Good luck with your running!

• Oh Jacs what a lovely post! Love your bling holder and I want that poppy medal! I have tried to enter the virtual race but have always missed out on it.

Great goals there - whoop whoop, go you.....๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ

• Thanks your Maj.

Make sure its the Royal British Legion race you enter, i think there are now others too. Also got a tshirt for that one! I shall hope to do it again this year ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป

• Yes that's the one I've tried before Jacs. Need to get on it.

• Another HUGE reason to keep running is - you would be really missed here :)

• Oh John. Boy that is so kind! Its made my day!

I was thinking of you just a while ago, im rotavating my veggie patch..... not up for digging so had new toy which is kinda related to running. Its s great core workout!

How are your veggies doing given recent weather?

• This is a lovely post :) I really like your medal hanger and your words are just spot on. You're never going to give up - who are you kidding? I look forward to our (slow) event immensely :)

• Thanks Annie. I think it is a double bluff, if I keep acknowledging I might give up. It means I don't feel pressured so won't give up!

I am so looking forward to our 10 miler......we appear to be long distance runners ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

You may also like...