Well Golly where did that come from?

Hi all did an 'Irish John' today.

Went out for a gentle 5k on my ASICS plan and ended up doing 10k!!!

Got into it quite quickly and felt good after 3k and as the sun was shining I was really enjoying it - Got to 5k thought I'd just carry on as next week I have 7k to do as part of my plan.

Got to the 7k mark and thought could I do the 10? Why not?

Mental check, breathing check and all seemed well so just plodded on and completed the 10k in 1hr 10m and average of 7.01m per K

Legs feel heavy now but celebrating with a beer!!!

Cheers

Rocks

18 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Woo-hoo! Well done. Enjoy the beer.

• Thanks will do!!

Do I get a 10k graduation badge??

• I believe that if any runner can get to 7K they can get to 10K and you've just proved this!

Well done to you. The first 10K is a great feeling and I bet that beer tasted brilliant πŸ˜‹

• Thanks I completed 10k back in 2012 season a couple of time but I'm now 5 years older so I'm very pleased!!!!!

• Oh blimey, you're a pro!

• Not quite!!!! But thanks anyway!!!!

• Well done!

• Brilliant, congratulations πŸƒπŸ»πŸ˜Ž

• Yesterday was brilliant for running wasn't it. Will you carry on your training plan :) It's good to make sure you can really do 10k, so maybe carrying on as you were would help to consolidate it :)

• That's the plan and yes yesterday was superb!!!!

• Well done! That's amazing πŸ‘Ÿ

• Excellent! That first 10K is very special. Your time was not too bad either *envious gnashing of teeth*

• Well done! Yes, I believe it to, if you can get to 7km you'll go to 10km.. that's also what I did..

• Great run, great time. Congratulations 10k Runner!! :)

("Doing an Irish John" sounds a bit naughty though ;))

• Cheers John - Apologies if it does sound rude!!! So excited though and did a gentle 3k tonight!!!!

• Yep - the temptation to just run on and on and on....

There be the Dark Side! LOL :)

• Well done! That first 10km is always one to remember.

You may also like...