My apologies Laura for my foul language

So here I am post run, showered and coffee'd and seeking Lauras forgiveness.

Over the past week or so I have been suffering from a really bad dose of man flu with complications. Today was my first tentative steps at getting back into my stride so to speak.

I decided that the comforting words of Laura would be welcome ( as well as a littke chat with 'Julie') so I downloaded week 8 and off I went.

Laura first pipes up around 5 mins asking how well I am doing? - "fine" says I, "thanks for asking" - and on we go.

Around the half way stage I am beginning to feel the effects of the lurgy and Laura pops up again. I grumble incoherently to her and plod on.

As i get to 23 mins, Laura is obviously worried about me and asks again how I am. This is the time that I unleashed my four letter tirade on the poor unsuspecting woman.

She didn't deserve that. She was only trying to help and for that I humbly apologise and hope that she will consider joining me for my next run. I promise I will be in a more companionable mood

Last edited by

12 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Haha! I think Laura has been subjected to a tirade of abuse in her time. Bless her.

• She has broad shoulders I'm sure

• She will understand . We women know man-flu takes a lot of getting over. Thank goodness us females dont ever get it ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‰

• No, Females just get headache!๐Ÿ˜

And no! I don't get man flu!๐Ÿ˜Š

• Yip. Women are indeed blessed that they do not have to carry this curse ;)

• Ha ha ! We all understand that Man Flu is the worst illness known to Man , and can make you very grumpy and grouchy , but you have said youre very sorry , so you are forgiven :-)

Its good to see you back on here and I wish you all the best on your continued recovery xxx

• Great to be back PP. Really enjoying my running again despite this mornings ramblings

• Tee hee. Thanks for making me laugh ๐Ÿ˜€

Laura has sloping shoulders. She is used to being sworn at and won't hold it against you ๐Ÿ™‚ I thought there was only me who answered her ๐Ÿ˜Š

Oh, so you met Julie then ๐Ÿค—

• We're a strange lot. I wonder what the muggles make of us :D

• *shamefacedly wonders if she should admit to her tendency to get man-flu...*

Well done on getting through your run. Laura's a big girl; she can cope with your language - indeed as week 8's most (in)famous song puts it '[she has] heard it all before...' ;)

• Thank goodness! I thought I was the only one who had conversations with the app coaches & yes I have thrown the odd cross word at them too. I am afraid I am on the IC with pseudo man- flu but tomorrow come hell or high water, I am hitting the road; it may only be a very teeny short run but the withdrawal symptoms are getting too much. Well done for getting out there & I am sure that Laura will understand your grumpiness & be eating to go for your next run xx

• Love this! I was muttering a fair bit on my run last night, particularly towards the end, and not even in response to anyone! So you must be the sane one. Get well soon :)

You may also like...