I've only gone and done it

I've taken a deep breath and entered my first 10k!

Sunday 2 April, I'll be running the first Wokingham 10k at Dinton Pastures. I'm excited and scared in equal measure 😳 I've run parkrun there a couple of times, it's a lovely location, pretty flat with great views of the lakes so I plan to enjoy the view as I plod around 😊

It'll be 2 weeks after my first runniversary so I feel ready (sort of!)

10 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Yay this is great Biscuit ! I entered a 10k on my first runniversary too, seemed to be a nice way to mark it,

Good Luck, I am sure you will love it and it will be the first of many ! :-) xxx

• Thanks Poppy 😊

• Good for you. I am sure you will love it.

• Aww thanks, I think I will love it too 😊

• Well done for booking up. I too have booked a 10k for June which 7-8months post graduating. I am rather nervous about it, I think the event thing seems overwhelming to me! Anyway I am in training so we shall see how it goes. I like your thought about plodding round enjoying the view.....might try that one myself! I did 5.5 miles today which included a good part of the route which went well despite dragging the gremlins round with me, pesky blighters. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

• June sounds lovely for a 10k 😊 Enjoy!

• Not just any old biscuit then. A 10k biscuit - the deluxe end of the market! Go you. Look forward to reading your race report. :)

• Thanks Anne 😊

• Brilliant! All the best - and a great way to celebrate your runniversary!

• Thanks Sandra x

You may also like...