Oops,I did it again...๐Ÿ˜‰

Oops,I did it again...๐Ÿ˜‰

Another long one! Five minutes faster than my last 21k on the same route, so pleased with that. Again, I felt it in my ankles over the last few k but they feel ok again now. Will now (thankfully) keep to slightly shorter runs in the build up to the Bath Half so that I feel fresher on the day. Also plan to work on my calf raises as I know they help with the strength in my ankles. It was perfect weather for running today and my water and fuelling worked well, so I will be making sure I make some Power flapjacks before race day too! Off now to read about everyone else's weekend runs๐Ÿ™‚

Skip

Featured Content

HealthUnlocked User Stories

How did you improve your fitness, general well-being or cope with your illness?

Share your story

Featured by HealthUnlocked

21 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • 21K!!!! :O :O :O Superwoman!! That is a half marathon, right?!

Bath will be an amazing place for a half marathon! How lovely. Hope it goes well!

• That is a long slog, that's what it is!! (Yes, it is a HM too!) Sunday lie-in tomorrow๐Ÿ™‚!

• Sandra , that's brilliant , Well done !

You are going to have a blast at your HM ! :-) xxx

• Don't think I'll be able to 'blast' it Poppy, but I will survive!!

• Well done Sandra! Good luck with the half Bath!๐Ÿ˜Š

• Thanks Dave. Just need to stay injury free and avoid lurgies now!

• Yay! Well done Sandra! I use power flapjack too! ๐Ÿ˜†

• Wow, well done Sandra, and speedy too! Bring on that half!

Mx

• How are you feeling about yours Madge? Two weeks now isn't it?๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜€x

• Hi Sandra, yes.......aaarrrggghhh!.......but, actually feeling a bit better, as though I've turned a bit of a corner as it's nearly here. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ one more long run (20k) this week, then cut back.

At parkrun on Saturday I was surprised at how many people I was talking to still hadn't put in anything longer than 6-10 miles, and one person I spoke to hasn't done anything over 5k! , so did feel quite pleased that, despite how really tough it is, I feel like I've done the prep work.

Legs feel fine, in fact I was surprised how quickly I recovered after the first 20k ......but not counting my chickens, I want to enjoy it, so I don't mind putting the work in.....

Hold on tight, here we go! ๐Ÿค— Getting a tiny bit excited too....๐Ÿ˜„

Mx

• Yes, putting the work in is so important isn't it? You have done and you will be great!

• Cor blimey that's a fantastic time! Very well done :) Good luck in Bath!

• Thank youโ˜บ

• Brilliant, Sandra, well done! sounds like you're on the way to a great race ๐Ÿ˜€

• Congrats Sandraj - sounds like you've really got this sorted :)

• Wow, that is a great run Sandra. If you can do this for fun, just think of what you can do on race day. Huge congrats!

• Fun??? Oh, it was supposed to be fun?๐Ÿ˜‰ Not sure I felt that over the last few km but I was buzzing afterwards! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Ha, ha, ha! Yes, can someone please tell me why I am doing this......๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.....and where does the 'fun' bit happen?

Picture the sweaty, soggy, emotional wreck.....that's going to be shuffling over the finish line.........(I hope ๐Ÿ˜ฌ)

Mx

• But you'll be a happy, soggy, sweaty, emotional wreck!โ˜บx

• Wow and more wow!! You are amazing a real inspiration Sandra, very best of luck for the race - you will be brilliant! Look forward to seeing the post race photo with bling! ๐Ÿ‘

• โ˜บ

You may also like...